• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete Marvel collection for sale

125 posts in this topic

All I need to know is there a Del Otto ASM 667 variant, if yes then :takeit:

Give me $200K and I'll find you that book. :foryou:

Hector, this guy is trying to rip you off. I'll do it for $125K. :foryou:

I'll find you one for $124K. That price includes media mail shipping.

All I need to know is there a Del Otto ASM 667 variant, if yes then :takeit:

Give me $200K and I'll find you that book. :foryou:

Hector, this guy is trying to rip you off. I'll do it for $125K. :foryou:

pm sent :ohnoez:

200 k :takeit: pending my powerball win. seems like a fair price just based on the sheer size of the amount of silver age. just to mylar and board and sort 34k silver age books is worth 5k.

if i dont win powerball this sucks because i need this lot of reading material for my library in my new mountain retreat/ski lodge.

Not a steal by any means. Then again, w/out seeing the books all of this is speculation.

yep it's priced tight and that's a lot of work.

One missed resto on a big key and you could be out thousands.

If this was local I'd love to go through it.

Sure, the Silver age stuff will be cheap if it's that bad but what about Bronze? If "everything from the early 70's on is like new" is true and there are a bunch of uber grade books, it won't take long to get to $200K if Hulk 181, MS 5, ASM 129 etc are in there in 9.8.

Not a steal by any means. Then again, w/out seeing the books all of this is speculation.

Sure, the Silver age stuff will be cheap if it's that bad but what about Bronze? If "everything from the early 70's on is like new" is true and there are a bunch of uber grade books, it won't take long to get to $200K if Hulk 181, MS 5, ASM 129 etc are in there in 9.8.

Do you really think there would be a 9.8 BA key in this set???

Before any of this came to light I sure all the keys were brought out and looked at closely to assure the least amount of money possible is left on the table.

Maybe 9.4's at best IMHO...

I would REALLY have to look through it, but it doesn't look like it would be worth the time and effort. It's far easier and better money return by cherry picking smaller collections. I can't see anyone making much if at all from a 200K output and taking up a WHOLE lot of TIME do to so.

I think people don't realize how valuable time is.

According to the link to the list of keys on page 1, IH181 and ASM129 are 9.2's.

part of what 'appeals' here is that this is 100% complete. I think they're banking on the fact that someone will buy this so they can say "I have every Marvel comic published"

that's what you're paying for here.

But, condition trumps all. If there was an AF 15 in high grade, that book alone is worth 200k, but since the keys are rags, they're trying to sell the SET

I agree that the allure here isn't in the "buy and flip" category... its more in the "create the ultimate Marvel collection" category.

You buy this and you've got a hell of a collection... even if some of the keys are placeholders that get replaced by nicer versions over time. It's really the kind of thing you wish could be put out on display.

What would really be a treat is taking these books and putting them into Marvel chronological order.

But once purchased and the first few groups of books are sold from it? The collection completely loses what makes it special.