• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help a friend and witness -Go fund me link added!

90 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, A lot of you may know Bob Caffrey and if you don't, Bob is 61 years old, a loving husband, an amazing father to 3 grown boys, the best grandfather to 5 children, and a friend to everyone he meets. I've personally known Bob for 30+ years and he has also been a CGC witness at conventions for the past few years so if you've had a book witnessed by the CGC booth, maybe he was your witness. He has worked shows in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh and Orlando to name a few.

Just a few weeks ago, his wife Gail started noticing strange behavior from Bob, and on one particular night after dinner, he lost function of the right side of his body, and was extremely disoriented. She called 911 thinking he was having a stroke. Once at the ER, they took a CAT scan of his brain and found a large mass on his left frontal lobe. Upon closer examination, it was discovered that he has a Glioblastoma Multiforme, an extremely aggressive form of brain cancer. Within 24 hours of this discovery, he went into surgery where the Neurosurgeon removed as much as he could of the tumor from his brain.

I, along with other Signature Series superstars, am starting this page and the following auctions as a means to help Bob and his family. Bob is retired from M&M Mars, where he worked for 38 years. Though he receives a pension, he is on a fixed income. And Gail, who was working 5 days a week, now stays at home to help care for him while he is undergoing treatment. We have hopes of raising money to help with medical costs along with day to day expenses to help ease the burden of finances that they now face so they can keep the focus on the fight and recovery.

I am going to start a few auctions on Ebay so that they can get the most exposure. If anyone would like to donate an item for this, please do the same on your Ebay account and when you do please link the auction to this page so fellow boardies can see and participate. I hope to space these auctions out over the next few weeks so we're not overloading auctions.

We have a lot of great people here on the boards- which really goes without saying- and I am sure we can give Bob some help and put a smile on his face during this difficult time. I'm sure he would even appreciate some well wishes on this thread as he has enjoyed his time witnessing tremendously and views many of you who he has met as friends.

201510089522525495HDR_zpss6ljce9u.jpg

Here is the first listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/121864751748?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Wow this is terrible. Bob is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. I lost my mom to Brain Cancer and I hate hearing that Bob is going through this. Joe can you shoot me a text and any info about how I help in any way.

I know two of his sons very well and when I finally met Bob a few years ago I realized how they became the big hearted stand-up guys they are. Bob is a great guy, with great character and an amazing sense of humor. I can always count on him to make me laugh at whatever show I'm at that he is witnessing. It breaks my heart that he and his family are going through this. As they already know Kristen & my best wishes continue to be with them. I'm glad you are organizing this Joe.

Im going to go through my inventory and see what I can add to this.

As of now, there is no gofundme page. There have been talks with an accountant about setting one up but from what i understand, the IRS policies about the taxation of payments from those kind of sites are somewhat undecided. I'll look into what i can do.

I will be posting a Back to the Future JJs Comics 9.9 SS signed by Bob Gale

With more to come!

Bob is a tremendous human being and has treated me as like the 6th (I lose track where my ranking is) Caffrey son. It's an honor to call him my friend.

Will add link once up and running.

I would also add, as the first auction does...please add the first couple of sentences about this being for Bob in the auction description.

Bob, if you are reading this, we love you!

JJ

I will be posting a Back to the Future #1 CGC 10.0 s/s Bob Gale and a 1/100 Miller s/s to start, most likely tomorrow (Friday night) running for 10 days with a closing on Monday evening, Jan. 25 (pending there's no Monday night football to kill the number of watchers.).

I'll be posting the links to these items moments after I list.

Bob, if you're reading this, I think about you often and love your entire family.

I'd say you're a 10.0 in my book, but your dial goes to 11.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I will be posting a Back to the Future #1 CGC 10.0 s/s Bob Gale and a 1/100 Miller s/s to start, most likely tomorrow (Friday night) running for 10 days with a closing on Monday evening, Jan. 25 (pending there's no Monday night football to kill the number of watchers.).

I'll be posting the links to these items moments after I list.

Bob, if you're reading this, I think about you often and love your entire family.

I'd say you're a 10.0 in my book, but your dial goes to 11.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Very very sad to hear this. Like others have mentioned, Bob has the biggest heart, a wicked sense of humor and I feel like part of the family. I'm gonna dig through, I know I can put a TMNT 50 SS 10.0 with an Eastman sketch on the back cover, I'll see what else I can find.

My heart goes out to the entire Caffrey clan. I also lost my father to a rare cancer but every pain is different. WE LOVE YOU BOB!!!!