• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare, Wild, Weird, Wonder Woman

11 posts in this topic

Hi-ho!

Going through the Gerber guide has got me hyped on early, post war, Wonder Woman, this spectacular Ohio copy boasts the 1st app. of Minister Blizzard, predating Captain Cold and Mr. Zero!

I'd love to learn more about what's out there in the higher grades! Feel free to share high grade pant suit and kung fu era WW too!

ru9G2d.jpg

Hi-ho!

Going through the Gerber guide has got me hyped on early, post war, Wonder Woman, this spectacular Ohio copy boasts the 1st app. of Minister Blizzard, predating Captain Cold and Mr. Zero!

I'd love to learn more about what's out there in the higher grades! Feel free to share high grade pant suit and kung fu era WW too!

ru9G2d.jpg

Cool book. Green Lantern foe The Icicle would be another late GA DC villain with similar powers.

Legend has it that Church copies of WW went to a traveling priest and so those particular copies may not be higher grades.

They did. Not sure how many he bought but I bought all he had back around 1985 and used them for trade with Redbeards when he was still in LA area.

At the time I lived in Bakersfield and I believe he was from Visalia/Tulara CA. area.

When I got them they were nice. I believe #4 was the lowest number.

Hi-ho!

ru9G2d.jpg

Great book! Welcome to the boards.

p.s. There's a Herbie thread going on over on the Silver board.

Here's a link to most of my slabbed copies, many are the highest graded. I once had nearly the whole run, maybe 10 copies shy. To say it's a difficult title to collect is an understatement, especially the books from the 1950's. If you won the Powerball, you could probably get a NM complete run of Spidey in a day. Wonder Woman, I don't think so, not in a day, not in a year, maybe never.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=897