• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Jan/Feb 2016 Auction

363 posts in this topic

Looks like it's gonna be a doozy. :o

AF15 9.4, ASM1 9.4, plenty great OA, a complete run of Detectives 27-40, a couple Bats 1, Supes 1 etc...

Ya thats why i dont want to win 10k worth of books than get stuck with a 20 plus% buyers premium.

AF15 9.4, ASM1 9.4, Avengers1 9.4, plenty great OA, a complete run of Detectives 27-40, a couple Bats 1, Supes 1 etc...

I agree. I'd looked a month and a half ago, and then looked back about a week and a half ago, and, boom, a lot of great Golden age stuff (thumbs u (… and some junky SA stuff as well, as you'd pointed out :devil: )

AF15 9.4, ASM1 9.4, plenty great OA, a complete run of Detectives 27-40, a couple Bats 1, Supes 1 etc...

Ya thats why i dont want to win 10k worth of books than get stuck with a 20 plus% buyers premium.

Oh for heaven's sake. This comes up over and over again and I really don't understand why it causes such problems. There is always a 19.5% buyer's premium on top of the 'hammer price'.

So when you bid, look at the total price. The Heritage site tells what the total is before you confirm the bid if you're not bidding live. If you are bidding live, it still tells you the total in brackets below the bid price.

Oh for heaven's sake. This comes up over and over again and I really don't understand why it causes such problems.

Stupidity?

Math illiteracy?

The list of reasons could go on and on. lol

Oh for heaven's sake. This comes up over and over again and I really don't understand why it causes such problems. There is always a 19.5% buyer's premium on top of the 'hammer price'.

So when you bid, look at the total price. The Heritage site tells what the total is before you confirm the bid if you're not bidding live. If you are bidding live, it still tells you the total in brackets below the bid price.

19.5% buyer's premium is real dumb IMO. This just wants me to go to CC All the way. HA get's there Com plus 19.5% buyer's premium on top of the bid.That is way over priced IMO. I also have to pay 9.26% sales tax Ya i want to pay near double my bid if i win. :screwy:

Oh for heaven's sake. This comes up over and over again and I really don't understand why it causes such problems.

Stupidity?

Math illiteracy?

Imagine if Heritage didn't calculate the BP when a bid was made. People would be screaming bloody murder this issue would come up every week. :facepalm:

Stupidity?

Math illiteracy?

Imagine if Heritage didn't calculate the BP when a bid was made. People would be screaming bloody murder this issue would come up every week. :facepalm:

Heritage does makes it pretty simple for the buyer...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Nice entry level Detective 27!

Ya would like to have it wonder what the price will be. hm

What you are willing to pay ... plus 19.5%. :D

No. 19.5%

The buyer's premium doesn't make the book 20% more expensive. It just means that everyone's final bid is 80.5% of what they are willing to pay.

Less talk about BP silliness and more talk about the books and OA.

Does anyone know if the AF15 and ASM1 (maybe even the AV1 too) are from the same consignor ?

The Detective group is no doubt coming from the same owner.

Stupidity?

Math illiteracy?

Heritage does makes it pretty simple for the buyer...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Unless the buyer decides to be willfully ignorant. doh!