• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicArtAds update--Jim Starlin!

6 posts in this topic

Good evening! If you would like to take a stroll back in time to the days before weekly auctions and confusing art sales, check out www.comicartads.com, where I have just finished uploading 36 old Jim Starlin original art ads. These ads include several great Captain Marvel and Warlock art ads, including some pieces in upcoming auctions. Thanks for looking! Best regards, Lee

I love the site, although it can be painful to look at some of those prices. If only...

I wish I could remember an old website (it was kind of like a flea market for artists) where I found some stuff that John Totlebon posted for sale. Some ST and MM stuff. I remember specifically a MM page featuring almost a full figure Miracle Woman for $400.

It was the issue/page with this image.

marvelwoman.png

did you mean comicon.com?

various artists had booths. I think that's how I discovered OA and I bought some MM pages from Rick Veitch via that site way back in 1998

I just checked the site again and it has changed

Malvin

did you mean comicon.com?

various artists had booths. I think that's how I discovered OA and I bought some MM pages from Rick Veitch via that site way back in 1998

I just checked the site again and it has changed

Malvin

That may have been it! Sounds right. It was an older format website and the artists did have "booths".

I actually contacted JT thru the site. The pages were still up, but had long been sold.