• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Pressing Issue

11 posts in this topic

A friend of mine had his book graded, and I'm thinking of advising him to get his comic pressed.

Will pressing damage autographs, and how much can it improve a book that received an 8.5 with the following grader notes:

Left Bottom Back Cover Lite Crease

Right Bottom Front Cover Lite Crease

Right Top Back Cover Lite Finger Bends

Spine Lite Stress Lines

Pictures below.

Plj1XXNh.jpg

KlZxaQSh.jpg

No - I've had yellow label books pressed and the sigs are fine. How much the grade improves is anyone's guess. If none of the defects are color breaking, it can be substantial. But we leave that to the experts. JoeyPost is a great resource for the service.

I wanted to mention that some lighter color paint pens do not press well

Sharpie Paint Pens

I have noticed this with McFarlane sigs that get pressed both by CCS and Joey AFTER they have been signed.

My advice- If you are going for a Paint Pen Signature get the book pressed before hand.

2c

The paint chips a little bit.....I think it has to do with the heat used.....

In some cases...yes. But certain inks do not seem to ever dry or harden completely. I wonder if anyone has cracked out a slab that has been signed using one of these ink/paint pens and have seen where part of the signature sticks to the inner well.