• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Miller Signings for 2016

72 posts in this topic

Those look great. Mr. Miller looks healthy. Hope you guys had fun. Hope Mr, Miller and Mr. Kubert were in good spirits

Unfortunately I had to work so my friend went for me. Overall it was a great experience and Frank and Andy were great, I was told. Sad they missed Jim Lee showing up though...

According to the recent auctions on eBay, the prices on Millers DKIII books are quickly coming back down to earth. 2 books signed and slabbed just sold for $280, well below what I assume the seller paid for them and a Miller sketch just sold for $980, again well below cost, all from the same seller. The seller must have taken a bath on all of them. The market is currently over-saturated, great time to pick up a Miller signed book. Is this a sign We are going to see a correction in the Miller sig market?

According to the recent auctions on eBay,

the prices on Millers DKIII books are quickly coming back down to earth.

2 books signed and slabbed just sold for $280,

well below what I assume the seller paid for them and a Miller sketch just sold for $980,

again well below cost, all from the same seller.

The seller must have taken a bath on all of them. The market is currently over-saturated, great time to pick up a Miller signed book.

Is this a sign We are going to see a correction in the Miller sig market?

[font:Book Antiqua]Absolutely YES.[/font]

YES-13-0016_600_zpsrtyriktj.jpg

well below what I assume the seller paid for them and a Miller sketch just sold for $980,

The seller must have taken a bath on all of them. The market is currently over-saturated, great time to pick up a Miller signed book.

At this time we have no plans to change any pricing on any options offered. As has been said several times before if a price is too high for an item you want you're free not to buy it. Nobody has to have a Frank Miller signature on their items. The simple fact is that the price is set at what it's set at for it to be worth Frank's time. He has a lot going on and believe it or not he doesn't make his living signing comic books for us.

We currently have a signing on Wednesday with a very healthy amount of books. The numbers we took in from that signing alone and from the sketch covers that those dealers have solicited leave me with very little thought that any price points will change for 2016.

As I mentioned before and as stated in the FAQ if you're interested in a lower rate feel free to put together 50 books and pm me for a quote. Otherwise the prices are firmly set.

So if you're holding out for a lower prices I'm sorry to tell you that won't be coming anytime soon on our end. It's best to visit Ebay and try to catch a deal from these flippers who don't know how to market their products correctly or are all to eager to try and earn a fast dollar. Another options is to buy from one of the dealers who came to us with bulk numbers and were cut a deal that allows them to pass their savings on to the general public through the sale of their merchandise.

At this time we have no plans to change any pricing on any options offered. As has been said several times before if a price is too high for an item you want you're free not to buy it. Nobody has to have a Frank Miller signature on their items. The simple fact is that the price is set at what it's set at for it to be worth Frank's time. He has a lot going on and believe it or not he doesn't make his living signing comic books for us.

We currently have a signing on Wednesday with a very healthy amount of books. The numbers we took in from that signing alone and from the sketch covers that those dealers have solicited leave me with very little thought that any price points will change for 2016.

As I mentioned before and as stated in the FAQ if you're interested in a lower rate feel free to put together 50 books and pm me for a quote. Otherwise the prices are firmly set.

So if you're holding out for a lower prices I'm sorry to tell you that won't be coming anytime soon on our end. It's best to visit Ebay and try to catch a deal from these flippers who don't know how to market their products correctly or are all to eager to try and earn a fast dollar. Another options is to buy from one of the dealers who came to us with bulk numbers and were cut a deal that allows them to pass their savings on to the general public through the sale of their merchandise.

I have no problems with the price, was just curious, especially with the abundance of books on the market.

I have no problems with the price, was just curious, especially with the abundance of books on the market.

And now you have your answer, the reason so many books are on the market is because for the first two signings several people went in with the intention to flip for profit. You will see the market slowly start to weed those people out as they clearly are getting cost or less for the items now.

However there is still a huge supply of collectors and dealers who are eager and willing to get their collectibles signed by Frank at his current rates.

2 books signed and slabbed just sold for $280, well below what I assume the seller paid for them and a Miller sketch just sold for $980, again well below cost, all from the same seller. The seller must have taken a bath on all of them.

It really depends. There have been some free Miller signings in the past year. Midtown Comics did a huge free Miller signing back in December and you could get two books done. Some people probably got one for themselves and and one to sell. I got this one done at Midtown and my only costs were the book and CGC fee:

s-l1600.jpg

I don't think any of the DKIII books were done at free signings.

A few were done at the midtown signing. I know Richie and Tristan got a couple done.

How much are Miller sketches at the signings?

If you are interested in pregraded sketches you can get them from the store area of my website. www.ComicSketchArt.com

If you have a request yourself for a personal sketch book, sketch cover, or hard cover you can send me a pm and ill be happy to provide you a rate. As well as let you know the next time Frank can tackle the item.

If you are a facilitator or dealer looking for a bulk rate for a signing and sketch covers then you can send me a PM about that as well. However be prepared to have at the very least 50-100 books total for Frank not counting the sketch covers.

12443443_1301286109887325_142786829_o_zpshn3ivwdc.jpg

Frank has asked us to handle all CGC signings for him in 2016. Because of that all books signed at shows, or mailed in must be processed through our booth.

If you are a facilitator who will be at Orlando and want to get your Frank Miller books CGCed please contact me. There is no mark up at all for you. We want to work with fellow facilitators. You just have to make payment at our booth for your books and have us sign off on them. Otherwise they will not be able for CGC Signature Series.

feature-frank-miller-events-v2-1_zpsbb029dho.jpg

Q: I bought a Frank Miller Platinum Fan Experience of Regular Fan Experience ticket. Does this cover my Frank Miller CGC Signature fee?

A. No sadly these Experience ticket prices only guarantee you the chance to get 1-3 raw items signed by Frank. If you wish to CGC these items you must still pay the additional CGC Signature Fee of $150 per item and CGC grading/shipping fees outlined below.

Q: How much is the cost of getting a Frank Miller CGC Signature at a Convention?

A: There is a $150 additional signature fee for each CGC SS book Frank signs at a Convention appearance. Additional Fees such as shipping, CGC grading and other creator fees may apply. This price is deeply discounted and only for guests in attendance at the show, fans not at the show must read the mail in signing section below.

Q: How do I get CGC Signature Series on my books at a show Frank is at?

A: Check back in the coming weeks for a more detailed update on the Frank Miller CGC Signature Series ticketing process.

Q: How much is the cost of getting a Frank Miller CGC SS via Mail Away Signings?

A: If you won't be an attendee at a show Frank is at, you can mail the book to us for one of our monthly signings, or for us to handle at a public show for you. The cost for any mail in item is $350 per book. These prices include, all signing fees, CGC fees, Return shipping, and insurance on your item.

Q: When will Frank Miller be doing mail in signings for CGC Signature Series?

A: Currently we meet with Frank monthly. If you are interested in having a book signed we can arrange for it to be done at our next meeting. Please email us for an exact date as it changes month to month. As mentioned above, there is an increased fee for this as opposed to meeting Frank in person at a convention. This extra fee is to help offset the cost of Franks time while signing in the office, when he could be working.

Q: Can I submit on my own CGC account to waive the additional grading fees?

A: Yes, you are free to submit on your own CGC account (however you must complete the paperwork at our booth and leave the books with our witnesses, we will hand them over to CGC at the end of the show)

Q: What if I am a Dealer and want to set up a private signing for my customers?

A: Please contact me for information on how this will be handled. We are happy to work with every dealer or facilitator who wants to set up their own signing. There is special pricing for dealers and facilitators but please be aware there is now a 100 book minimum to schedule these events.

Q: What forms of payment do you accept?

A: Cash, Check, Money Order, Paypal and Credit Cards via paypal for mail in items. At a show we accept cash and credit cards.​

Q: Will Frank Miller offer any sketch covers for CGC or do any at home commissions?

A: Yes we have a small variety of pre-done CGC Signature Series Sketch Covers for sale for Frank. If you are interested please contact us for more details. We also have a very limited amount of large scale commissions Frank has done at home. You can view these in our web store under the Frank Miller section. At this time he is not taking any requests for at home commissions.

Q: I am a Fan Expo Platinum Experience VIP member, how do I get my sketch covers graded?

​A: All Fan Expo Platinum Experience VIP Member Sketches will be stored at our booth during the show. When you redeem your coupon in your VIP package at our booth you will have the option to CGC your sketch there. Additional Fees do apply and are $200 per sketch this includes CGC Fees, and return USA Shipping.