• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay First Sabertooth!

42 posts in this topic

The most expensive Byrne non-splash/cover HA has sold went for 65k plus. This page is worth at least that I would think.

Very catchy number....

sixty five thousand

A cool piece, nostalgic, a 1st appearance of a pretty popular villain, also classic Byrne. Why not go with one of the bigger auction sites to sell it? Wouldn't you maximize your sale on one of those auctions? My opinion is ebay tends to trend a little lower when it comes to price.

Sparkle City's eBay auctions tend to do very, very well. They've been doing it a long time with plenty of high-profile items and seem to have a pretty solid following. When you have that kind of presence on ebay it makes sense to avoid higher commissions and also drive more traffic to your other listings.

Sparkle City's eBay auctions tend to do very, very well. They've been doing it a long time with plenty of high-profile items and seem to have a pretty solid following. When you have that kind of presence on ebay it makes sense to avoid higher commissions and also drive more traffic to your other listings.

Their lots of comics really surprise me with the hammer prices.... they get (IMO) amazing results on huge lots of mid-grade comics.

Their lots of comics really surprise me with the hammer prices.... they get (IMO) amazing results on huge lots of mid-grade comics.

Yeah its almost too good to be true but I have bought some OA and GA comics from them at very good prices in the past. They are very professional, ship quickly too.

its a first page and first panel appearance of one of the major characters in Marvel. Its done by a master, and it actually has good eye appeal. This will be a 25k page I would imagine.

Ok it was a 20k page. I'm surprised to be honest, I thought it would hit 25. I really think eBay is the wrong place for this and it would have hit 25 had it been in CL or Heritage.

Guess my 65k guess was a little high but ever since I watched the Price is Right in the 70's as a little kid I was taught it was safer to be over than under.

Actually, it's safer to be under there, too. You can still win with a $1 guess on The Price is Right, but if you're even $1 over... :eek:

160440.jpg.ebd367c2ab12bc39b8ed3e17e350e6a7.jpg

I wonder what this would have sold for in the early 90's....

hm

Here's a 1998 ad for a page from the same issue, but with no Sabertooth:

http://www.comicartads.com/content/iron-fist-14-page-7

I uploaded a handful of new John Byrne art ads last night to www.comicartads.com and will continue to do so tonight. The site has six Byrne Iron Fist ads right now. Best, Lee

Guess my 65k guess was a little high but ever since I watched the Price is Right in the 70's as a little kid I was taught it was safer to be over than under.

Actually, it's safer to be under there, too. You can still win with a $1 guess on The Price is Right, but if you're even $1 over... :eek:

When your wrong your wrong!