• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feeling lucky, punk?

145 posts in this topic

Guess who's back. Please report. Note that you can report this one both because you suspect it's fraudulent, and for avoiding ebay fees/contact info in listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMICS-JOURNEY-INTO-MYSTERY-83-PGX-7-5-LIKE-CGC-1ST-THOR-KIRBY-/262381229754?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

(This is the same JIM 83 that jamcook/amanda has been trying to sell since the beginning of this thread. The listing from which these photos were lifted is linked in the first post in this thread.)

(EDIT: Check out the description on this one. Pretty funny. This guy is conducting so many scams he forgot which scam this is.)

Edited by cousin itt

This person has imitated me twice now on Ebay. I thought it was a disgruntled ex-employee, and after reporting them for fraud twice all ebay does is remove the post. I have a very good feeling that I know who this is, and honestly - I am sick of it. I made this account specifically to reach out to this community as it appears he/she has scammed people prior. Now they are doing so with medical and dental equipment on Ebay, and since they are impersonating me, I would really love to get to the bottom of this.

Any help would be appreciated, and if anyone else has reported them for fraud, please let me know.

This person has imitated me twice now on Ebay. I thought it was a disgruntled ex-employee, and after reporting them for fraud twice all ebay does is remove the post. I have a very good feeling that I know who this is, and honestly - I am sick of it. I made this account specifically to reach out to this community as it appears he/she has scammed people prior. Now they are doing so with medical and dental equipment on Ebay, and since they are impersonating me, I would really love to get to the bottom of this.

Any help would be appreciated, and if anyone else has reported them for fraud, please let me know.

Have you contacted law enforcement?

If anyone sees a listing of this guy's do not report it-notify me-I have a contact that does investigations for ebay that wants to maybe look into this.

If anyone sees a listing of this guy's do not report it-notify me-I have a contact that does investigations for ebay that wants to maybe look into this.

There are so many eBayers that need to be investigated.

This guy has an extensive scam and is able to hack as many ebay accounts as he wishes. He also has a way to find accounts that have not been used in years. That puts him at the top of the list.

ps do not report the detective book shown below-I want to keep the listing up for investigators.

Edited by kav

There are so many eBayers that need to be investigated.

thx-folks pls do not report this listing-I need an active listing for ebay investigations

This guy/girl is constantly copying my listings off Ebay and I have had to report them numerous times. Ebay doesn't seem to really care. I've actually had customers contact me thinking it was the company I work for using a different name. Our picture taking area is very unique and when people that have bought from us come across his/her listings, they always inquire as to why the price is so low. After I tell my customer that that is not our listing, they report them as well. I would like to think our long time customers wouldn't fall for this, because the scammer will copy my listing and then ask $5000 for an item that sells for $75,000. So far they've used a few of the accounts and emails already mentioned in this forum as well as the following ebay accounts:

source1personnel

omarespinosa

greeneyesof2 (already mentioned)

michst69@gmail.com (already mentioned; they put their email at the bottom of the listing and always mention that they "reserve the right to pull the listing at any time as it is being advertised elsewhere as well".

amanda37433@gmail.com (already mentioned)

Evelynbarham@gmail.com

I wasted their time for a good three or four days. After they switched to stealing a different license, I contacted them. They were asking $3000USD for an item I sold last month for $15,000. I inquired about the item off one account, they ignored me. Used another email account to bait them, told them I would give them $10000 (they wanted $3K) and I could practically see them foaming at the mouth. They replied almost instantly. They said I would be recieving an "Official Ebay Invoice" (phishing email was sent) and then when I asked them to send me a picture of the serial number on the back, they sent me another email saying the following "Did you get official invoice? Ok, you will goto the store and get 20 $500 Ebay giftcards. Then you will send me the numbers on the cards okay?"

I just kept replying "Okay, but can I see that serial number?" and for two days this wen't back and fourth, with them failing to answer any of my inquiries while continuing to send the "You buy 20 $500 gift cards and give me numbers" emails.

After they gave me the address to send them to (physical address that does exist, I checked via googlemaps) I disappeared on them.

Does anybody know who this person actually is? Is it one person or many? I don't know much about them, but I would like them to stop effing around and confusing my customers. Even though we've begun watermarking our pictures, they still have old ones from a few expensive items and they keep re-using them. It's ridiculous honestly, and I really would hate to see this guy get a payday off of someone who isn't very literate in computers, scams, etc...

This might be the same person. Same general MO: asks to be contacted outside of ebay and says they will sell for a value that is far below fair market value:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Journey-into-Mystery-83-Aug-1962-Marvel-/182336544017?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

EDIT: also, this person is using the exact same photos that were used in the listings in the first post of this thread.

Note this can certainly be reported for fee avoidance (contact info in listing.)

(EDIT: looks like the auction has been taken down.)

Edited by cousin itt