• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Adventures 12 question

30 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is the right spot to ask this and if it is please forgive me...

I bought a Batman Adventures 12 a couple years ago for $20 now the thing is going for insane prices. Is this a book you all think will fade out and I should sell it now or is it something you would keep just because its a key?

Mine is not slabbed and I would put it at least a 9.4, probably a 9.6.

I'm holding mine for the long haul. Definitely get it slabbed if you think its high grade. Its Harley, probably most popular modern character, next to Deadpool so I think there's still room for growth.

Sell if you need the money and want to make a killer profit.

Hold if you like the book, and don't care what the market will be like years from now. Either way at a $20 buy in, even if you held it for 20 years, I think it's a safe bet you'll still be ahead.

If you are only into for $20, sell now, and buy an older book.

If I sold it, it would defiantly be to buy an older book. I am dying to get a JIM 83 at a low grade .5 or 1 just because it won't break the bank. Selling the Adventures 12 will get me very close to the $1k(ish) for a 1.0 JIM 83.

If you are only into for $20, sell now, and buy an older book.

If I sold it, it would defiantly be to buy an older book. I am dying to get a JIM 83 at a low grade .5 or 1 just because it won't break the bank. Selling the Adventures 12 will get me very close to the $1k(ish) for a 1.0 JIM 83.

I think you already know what you'd like to do with the book.....sell it and buy a JIM 83

The question is should you slab it or not.....wait for the movie to come out or not

The funny thing about this discussion is that these are the same questions we were debating re: NM #98 not that long ago. lol

Will BA #12 experience short term plateaus or pullbacks like those books? Definitely. However, over the long haul it is a book that will continue to rise in value due to the demand being so high for Harley.

That being said, if you have a better place for the profits from selling your copy now then go for it. You can always buy back in later as it is an easy to replace book. (thumbs u

I think mad love is a cooler book. The inside is so much more harley than her 1st app. The obsession with first appearances may one day go away and when people get back to content of stories mattering more I see mad love gaining more value.

I'd sell if it's a high enough grade and get a 9.8 mad love for half the price.

Doesn't matter how many copies are out there, this didn't have the biggest print run in the world, but demand is intense.

People have more confidence in vintage books (Gold & Silver) but Moderns can be worth as much as any other book.

Doesn't matter how many copies are out there, this didn't have the biggest print run in the world, but demand is intense.

People have more confidence in vintage books (Gold & Silver) but Moderns can be worth as much as any other book.

I gotta agree here with Kev. Everybody says sell, sell, sell and put it into a "real book" like a SA key. "Real books" are plentiful as well. I think BA #12 is a real book, and I'd take a 9.8 BA #12 over a .5 - 1.0 SA key every day of the week.

Jim

That's true... which would have been a better investment at the time?

Buying high grade early Marvel 1960s books in 1985, or buying low grade early DC 1940s books in 1985?

Batman Adventures is 23 years old... like early Marvel in 1985.

I gotta agree here with Kev. Everybody says sell, sell, sell and put it into a "real book" like a SA key. "Real books" are plentiful as well. I think BA #12 is a real book, and I'd take a 9.8 BA #12 over a .5 - 1.0 SA key every day of the week.

Jim

Got an AF15 you wanna trade :baiting:

I think mad love is a cooler book. The inside is so much more harley than her 1st app. The obsession with first appearances may one day go away and when people get back to content of stories mattering more I see mad love gaining more value.

I was a big fan of BTAS back in the day and I also collected the various Batman comics, although I only occasionally picked up BA. When Mad Love came out, I thought it was Harley's first appearance, bought it, loved it and tucked it away for years. It was actually in with the first batch of books I ever submitted for grading back in the red label days (a 9.2 IIRC). I was surprised and frustrated when I found out I'd totally missed BA 12 (the book had already popped by this point).

But, yeah, Mad Love is really awesome. One of the best single-issue Batman stories-- continuity, schmontinuity.

I was a big fan of BTAS back in the day and I also collected the various Batman comics, although I only occasionally picked up BA. When Mad Love came out, I thought it was Harley's first appearance, bought it, loved it and tucked it away for years. It was actually in with the first batch of books I ever submitted for grading back in the red label days (a 9.2 IIRC). I was surprised and frustrated when I found out I'd totally missed BA 12 (the book had already popped by this point).

But, yeah, Mad Love is really awesome. One of the best single-issue Batman stories-- continuity, schmontinuity.

Yep, just read the reviews on the back cover of the Prestige version for that matter. :cool: