• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about current value of restored Superman #1

4 posts in this topic

Hello, first post here.

I may have my hands on a restored copy of Superman #1 893crossfingers-thumb.gif ...I've been told it may grade about 6.5 and I will assume it's been heavily restored.

Can anyone give me an idea of the current fair market price for this? ...I know the book value, but I'm trying to find out what it may actually sell for (ballpark)

Is it true this comic increases in value by 20% every few years?

...any help would be appreicated.

Hello, first post here.

I may have my hands on a restored copy of Superman #1 893crossfingers-thumb.gif ...I've been told it may grade about 6.5 and I will assume it's been heavily restored.

Can anyone give me an idea of the current fair market price for this? ...I know the book value, but I'm trying to find out what it may actually sell for (ballpark)

Is it true this comic increases in value by 20% every few years?

...any help would be appreicated.

Welcome to the boards.

I believe I see three or four unslabbed Superman #1s for every slabbed book out there. Hard to place a value on the copy you mention without knowing more about the restoration that was performed. I have gotten to the point where I will only buy restored books that have been certified so I know the extent of the restoration. As for comic book increases, it depends on the book. Past history would suggest that key books may achieve double digit returns but restored books have actually dropped over the last several years.