• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NM98 CGC 9.8 post movie pricing

NM98 post movie pricing  

480 members have voted

1. 1. NM98 post movie pricing

125 posts in this topic

In all my experience of traveling the country buying comics, NM #98 is trading at what I call realistic pricing now. NM #98 CGC 9.8 should never trade at those 2015 levels ever again.

Just too many copies and even for a hot book there isnt enough customers.

CGC census will be a lot higher as the months goes by.

CGC 9.8 copies should be trading at even $500 max.

In all my experience of traveling the country buying comics, NM #98 is trading at what I call realistic pricing now. NM #98 CGC 9.8 should never trade at those 2015 levels ever again.

I remember when Hulk 181 hit a $1000, everyone was like "Whoah!???!!

NM 98 is heavily submitted. How is a NM 98 trading at 2015 levels not realistic? It's already happened. Hot comics are like the stock market, they go up and down but slowing increase over long periods of time as long as there is demand.

Should NM 98 trade at 2015 levels again? That depends on the market wants to do, some may not like it but pricing isn't dictated by one person very much like how much we all pay for gas.

NM 98 is heavily submitted. How is a NM 98 trading at 2015 levels not realistic? It's already happened. Hot comics are like the stock market, they go up and down but slowing increase over long periods of time as long as there is demand.

Should NM 98 trade at 2015 levels again? That depends on the market wants to do, some may not like it but pricing isn't dictated by one person very much like how much we all pay for gas.

it will probably go up again

it will probably go up again

Highly doubtful. CGC prob grades 10 copies per day.

I have sold around 30 copies of NM 98 per year since 2013 in mostly above CGC 9.6 grade with x2 9.9's. I couldnt sell them fast enough in 2015 and I was fairly certain once the movie hype died down the book would drop. I was very happy to capitalize on CGC 9.8's prices at $800+ a pop, but with the vast increase of new NM 98's being slabbed daily at CGC I don t see this book topping 2015 pieces in the near future. While a good book, very common and thousands more to be submitted for grading in the coming years. Comparing NM 98 to a HULK 181 is IMO apples/oranges.

Dont get me started on gas prices, most fraudulent thing in my lifetime. Enron was more moral.

NM 98 again is a great book but the supply is really over matching the demand. Maybe with Deadpool 2 we will see a small spike, but realistically the book is a $500-600 book in CGC 9.8, the current trading levels seem healthy.

p12_zpswhwdqy0m.jpg

p15_zps6mvpba84.jpg

Edited by NewWorldOrder

I would assume most people here know that keys drop after the initial movie hype dies down only to slowly ramp back up as the sequel(s) grow closer. They've already talked about Deadpool 3 and 2 isn't even out for a good while, so I wouldn't write off the book's ceiling yet.

I said this before in the other NM98 thread, to me NM98 compares easily to ASM129. While some will argue that Deadpool is an even more popular character than Punisher today, the books pricing histories are almost a match... In 1986 ASM129 was a 2-5.00 book and was very easy to find in any store at any condition... Within 2 years it was a $40-50 book, it fluctuated in price for many years but never got to be as big as it was withing the last 5 years. Nowadays a raw VF ASM129 will set you back 600.00-800.00, to me thats a SUPER conservative comparison to a raw NM NM98 IN TERMS OF SUPPLY.

Will ASM129 prices stay? Probably not after the show hits netflix, but even then they will probably rise up again after at a certain point in time.

The only thing you have to ask yourselves is NOT will NM98 go up in value again? it will. But whether the character has Punisher-like longevity? It does

I said this before in the other NM98 thread, to me NM98 compares easily to ASM129. While some will argue that Deadpool is an even more popular character than Punisher today, the books pricing histories are almost a match... In 1986 ASM129 was a 2-5.00 book and was very easy to find in any store at any condition... Within 2 years it was a $40-50 book, it fluctuated in price for many years but never got to be as big as it was withing the last 5 years. Nowadays a raw VF ASM129 will set you back 600.00-800.00, to me thats a SUPER conservative comparison to a raw NM NM98 IN TERMS OF SUPPLY.

Will ASM129 prices stay? Probably not after the show hits netflix, but even then they will probably rise up again after at a certain point in time.

The only thing you have to ask yourselves is NOT will NM98 go up in value again? it will. But whether the character has Punisher-like longevity? It does

Faux sho !!

Id suggest that Deadpool is much more popular than Punisher. Movies trump TV

And BTW there was a Punisher movie which sucked, right Dolf?

But I digress, the Deadpool comics are much better suited than the Punisher. You can pretty much sell any Deadpool comic for $1 or two. Look at past Punisher comics and you're lucky to get 50 cents each for the common ones.

All that said, ASM 129 is a much more secure comic than NM 98. Both can go up and down but Punisher has already proven his staying power as a key figure. He's had his major fall off and then come back. I'm not sure Deadpool would survive that kind of move. His schtick is his thing and if that falls out of favor he's Dead, so to speak.

I thought the same thing at one point from seeing this back in the early 90's once it came out on VHS. But then recently I picked up the three-movie set.

ozLQYQT.png

Turns out Dolph's Punisher was much better than I remembered. The only issue (which definitely can be a major detraction) was there was no impressive antagonist like The Dark Knight's Joker or Avengers' Loki. And that's a shame, as he played the role quite well. Though it would have been nice to see the Punisher symbol on him versus the knives.

I actually liked Thomas Jane's Punisher. (shrug)

I agree!

:cloud9:

I thought the same thing at one point from seeing this back in the early 90's once it came out on VHS. But then recently I picked up the three-movie set.

ozLQYQT.png

Turns out Dolph's Punisher was much better than I remembered. The only issue (which definitely can be a major detraction) was there was no impressive antagonist like The Dark Knight's Joker or Avengers' Loki. And that's a shame, as he played the role quite well. Though it would have been nice to see the Punisher symbol on him versus the knives.

I honestly thought all these movies were fine, although I didn't have high expectations. I'm not surprised they weren't bigger hits, but I enjoyed watching them for what they were.

Titus Pullo FTW!