• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Butt Hurt

90 posts in this topic

Just curious if I missed something. So in Texas the consignor can bid on his own auction as long as that fact isn't hidden. Has MB ever disclosed this in his auctions, or is it an "I tell everyone [who asks]" sort of thing?

Serious question. I've never looked at his auctions. The impression I get from these threads is that the answer is "no".

The T&A simply declare that the seller or his agents can bid. Should one choose to bid one effectively agrees to these terms. The assumption is that you read the T&A - (seriously not been rude) - something that clearly 999 out of 1000 do not do. Sad really.

Edited by Funnyslover

Thanks folks. Worthwhile contributions to the debate. Not.

:troll:

Your sign should read, more exactly, "please do not shoot the fish in the barrel"

Just providing a public service, so folks don't have to waste their time with trolls like him.

I guess the short answer is that they aren't his auctions. The thread started with a question about how quickly certain pieces which were on a seller's site could sell at auction, only to reappear back at the same seller's site so quickly. It turns out it is within the guidelines of HA terms and conditions to bid on your own auctions, and MB has said he didn't think he was doing anything wrong. Hope this helps, David

I guess the short answer is that they aren't his auctions. The thread started with a question about how quickly certain pieces which were on a seller's site could sell at auction, only to reappear back at the same seller's site so quickly. It turns out it is within the guidelines of HA terms and conditions to bid on your own auctions, and MB has said he didn't think he was doing anything wrong. Hope this helps, David

Let's not confuse being "wrong" and being "allowed". :angel:

Let's not confuse being "wrong" and being "allowed". :angel:

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Just curious if I missed something. So in Texas the consignor can bid on his own auction as long as that fact isn't hidden. Has MB ever disclosed this in his auctions, or is it an "I tell everyone [who asks]" sort of thing?

Serious question. I've never looked at his auctions. The impression I get from these threads is that the answer is "no".

Somewhere in one of the threads on this matter, HA posted that they don't allow consignors to bid on their own lots.

Somewhere in one of the threads on this matter, HA posted that they don't allow consignors to bid on their own lots.

Oh that was sooooo January lol.

Yes, I read that too. Do we know for sure that the poster was really an HA employee? I know that sounds like a silly question, but in the general circumstances I feel the need to ask.

Yes, I read that too. Do we know for sure that the poster was really an HA employee? I know that sounds like a silly question, but in the general circumstances I feel the need to ask.

That one was legit and is the public position they've taken before when asked.

That one was legit and is the public position they've taken before when asked.

I am not sure what to make of this. Either they do or they don't. Of course, I fear, either way, its still a disaster.

There's absolutely no doubt about condition 15

http://www.ha.com/c/ref/terms-and-conditions.zx?view=terms

It's what we sign up to when we bid.

I'm inclined to think that there must surely be a good reason for such a publicly visible and transparent condition.

Are you charging by the hour or by the post?

There's absolutely no doubt about condition 15

http://www.ha.com/c/ref/terms-and-conditions.zx?view=terms

It's what we sign up to when we bid.

I'm inclined to think that there must surely be a good reason for such a publicly visible and transparent condition.

Your "facts" change nothing.

Let me say it nice and slow, so you can get it:

What Mike did is immoral. It is wrong. That HA will allow it, doesn't mean it isn't. It just means Mike will face no repercussions from HA for having done it. But it is still Immoral. Shilling is still wrong. And no site's "rule" that lets you get away with it changes that. And it doesn't change that Mike can no longer claim to be one of the "most honest and trusted sellers." He's lost that title, by his own hand. Shilling is wrong and it's always wrong, no matter who would allow you to get away with it on their site. And if you think that suddenly makes shilling "okay and moral," then you are just another part of the problem.