• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Huge last minute price jump! Jesus!

15 posts in this topic

I can't see what makes this book worth 1,250 dollars other then a number, it's a solid looking book (of course), I thought I would've had a shot with my snipe bid set at 375...but obviously not.

Brian

Insane, crazy, and rediculous! That kind of money would buy a really nice earlier copy of ASM or many other titles. I don't understand buying such high premiums for NM and higher books, especially the relatively newer books. Of course, if I had the money, and I was trying to build a super high grade collection, I might be tempted...

Mike

Keep it movin'. Keep it movin'. Nothing to see here...

This was just a case of one guy placing a huge proxy bid thinking he had it and a last minute sniper came in and stole it from him. All it takes is two crazy mofos to drive up an auction price.

This was just a case of one guy placing a huge proxy bid thinking he had it and a last minute sniper came in and stole it from him. All it takes is two crazy mofos to drive up an auction price.

t r u e d a t

Thor is a long hair wearing homosexual that talks funny

Forsooth?

I agree. I know who all those bidders are except the top 2, and I know the seller. I didn't think it was a shill, I just thought the end price and last minute frenzy was crazy. ooo.gif

You guys can be shill paranoid.

I was in Montreal this weekend and the sellers (Comic Book Addiction), were astounded that the book closed at that amount. They would have been happy with a few hundred dollars.

This looks to be a case of someone bidding to insure that they were the winner being beaten by someone's last minute bid proxy.

Beautiful book, though.

Kev