• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I was looking on Amazon

35 posts in this topic

I did have a laugh at this part:

"Every effort is made to grade accurately and unbiasedly, using a combination of the written Overstreet grading guidelines, and the more nebulous CGC visual, yet unpublished standards"

Amazon is the worst for comics. In addition to usually having zero photos or a stock photo for each item, most sellers don't even bother to use Overstreet grading standards for grading comics. Something listed as in Good condition could actually be Good, or it might be closer to Near Mint. No way to tell!

Also, they typically take the highest ebay auction price and up it by $100 or even double it. I'd say it's roughly 9 out of 10 sellers too. Complete and utter gouge. They apparently must think nobody buying on Amazon checks ebay. I've requested information and pics on a few items and have received next to no responses. Caveat emptor.

About a year ago when some marvel C list character ( can't remember who ) got hot I went on Amazon and ordered a copy of the book. It was like $8 shipped.

I waited a few weeks and never got it. I messaged the seller. He said sorry, I'll get another one out to you right away. That one never came either. I had forgotten about it pretty much after a few months and just let it go.

I've avoided buying there since.

Amazon is the worst for comics. In addition to usually having zero photos or a stock photo for each item, most sellers don't even bother to use Overstreet grading standards for grading comics. Something listed as in Good condition could actually be Good, or it might be closer to Near Mint. No way to tell!

Also, they typically take the highest ebay auction price and up it by $100 or even double it. I'd say it's roughly 9 out of 10 sellers too. Complete and utter gouge. They apparently must think nobody buying on Amazon checks ebay. I've requested information and pics on a few items and have received next to no responses. Caveat emptor.

It`s crazy,but they have more traffic than Ebay now.

I have put junk trade paperbacks that no one on Ebay would look at,that would sell double on Amazon!

I wonder what happened with the legal stuff surrounding Danny.

I never heard if there was a resolution.

Still ongoing, maybe ?

A good question. The last time it was mentioned on the forum there was some kind of legal action pending, but it then disappeared from view.

I wonder what happened with the legal stuff surrounding Danny.

I never heard if there was a resolution.

Still ongoing, maybe ?

A good question. The last time it was mentioned on the forum there was some kind of legal action pending, but it then disappeared from view.

That opposing lawyer is still selling books here - you could always ask him....,