• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RHODE ISLAND COMIC CON - NOV. 11-13, 2016 - PROVIDENCE, RI

71 posts in this topic

Is there a dealer list available anywhere? Couldn't find one on their website. Can anyone who has attended this show before tell me how many comic dealers to expect. Debating taking the drive from NJ

I am curious about this too. I live less than 1/2 hour from this show but have never gone because it didn't seem worth it for someone who doesn't care about TV/media guests. It used to seem like comics were an afterthought but with Stan being there maybe it's changed?

I sent an email through the web site asking for a comic vendor list. No response yet. I'm planning on going regardless. It's my first time going to this show.

Got a response.

Jerk,

A list of all of our vendors will be posted to our app before the show. The app can be downloaded here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rhode-island-comic-con/id1161526247?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.growtix.ricc

Please be aware there is currently a technical issue with the Google Play app. An update is in the works.

Thank You,

Rhode Island Comic Con

www.ricomiccon.com

They aren't the best run show, at least the first 3 years that I went. I even volunteered the 1st year, and it was crazy how it was run. Did not attend last year, but I heard it was better than the previous year when the fire marshal stop people from entering. People blamed the con, but I think it was more the venue/ticketmaster that oversold the event.

That being said, if you attended Boston Comic Con, it's as big, if not bigger in terms of convention space. Plenty of vendors. My biggest grip this year is the list of celebrities versus comic guests. I prefer my cons to have more of a "comic" focus.

My biggest grip this year is the list of celebrities versus comic guests. I prefer my cons to have more of a "comic" focus.

Are you kidding? Rhode Island CC has one of the better comic guest lists I've seen this year.

At 87 celebs (not including Stan and rob) vs. 32 headlining artists (not including artist alley) that's almost a 3 to 1 ratio. So when I want a con to have a more comic focus, I want that number to be at least 1:1. Plus I'd challenge that Boston Comic Con had a better artist list of the year for the area, but that really comes down to personal preference. ;)

My biggest grip this year is the list of celebrities versus comic guests. I prefer my cons to have more of a "comic" focus.

Are you kidding? Rhode Island CC has one of the better comic guest lists I've seen this year.

It does but it also needs a strong comic seller presence as well. Don't know if it has that

They aren't the best run show, at least the first 3 years that I went. I even volunteered the 1st year, and it was crazy how it was run. Did not attend last year, but I heard it was better than the previous year when the fire marshal stop people from entering. People blamed the con, but I think it was more the venue/ticketmaster that oversold the event.

That being said, if you attended Boston Comic Con, it's as big, if not bigger in terms of convention space. Plenty of vendors. My biggest grip this year is the list of celebrities versus comic guests. I prefer my cons to have more of a "comic" focus.

The days of nothing but comics at Medium-Large sized cons are long gone, too much money to be made from other areas. I prefer small local shows where it's 99% comics and plenty over room to move around without it being over crowded.