• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RHODE ISLAND COMIC CON - NOV. 11-13, 2016 - PROVIDENCE, RI

71 posts in this topic

So does anybody have any reports about the show? Inquiring minds want to know.

Me too. I should have gone when I was in Providence on Friday, but I wouldn't have gotten over to it until 6:30pm. So I figured I'd go on Saturday and that sold out. On Sunday I would have maybe arrived about an hour before it closed. Not worth $40 at that point. :tonofbricks:

Did the Gal Gadot signing happen? I haven't heard anything yet from Torrey. I really hope that went off without a problem.

Torrey posted pictures of him with Gal Gadot on FB. I'm sure it went well!

Just saw that! Lucky ! haha I'm stoked to get my signed gal book!

So does anybody have any reports about the show? Inquiring minds want to know.

Me too. I should have gone when I was in Providence on Friday, but I wouldn't have gotten over to it until 6:30pm. So I figured I'd go on Saturday and that sold out. On Sunday I would have maybe arrived about an hour before it closed. Not worth $40 at that point. :tonofbricks:

....and still no word from anyone here who attended and their thoughts.

Must've been a good one...

:eyeroll:

It was an OK show. I attended on both Friday and Sunday. Friday was much calmer in the main hall than Sunday, but I heard it was a mad house on Saturday.

They had the main convention hall as the vendor/artist/lower tiered celebrity area, with the Dunkin' Donuts Center with more vendors in the concourse with the big celebs on the arena floor. Only walked through the Dunk on Sunday near the end of the show. Gadot still had a loooong line at about 4pm. Heard that Jeffery Dean Morgan's line was so long on Saturday, that he stayed well after the show officially ended to honor his commitment.

There ended up being 4 artists that were that were never on the website. One of which, though, was just accepted a few days before. Plus heard through facebook posts that the show didn't book flights for some artists, or waited too long and they became "over budget". Not good there...

As for buying, basically the same as any show. Some good deals to be had, with the mostly the same stuff you'd see at any other con. Again, an OK show. If I hadn't gotten the deal on tickets that I had, I probably would not have gone.

Now that's more like it!

JD - were you able to pick up anything decent, or was it just so-so?

As usual I spend $35 admission and wait in a long line only to end up buying a book from Ted. I picked up a ASM129 cgc 9.4 and a raw copy of Fight 49. A sweet deal on the pair.

But again, I could have drove to Holden and likely accomplished the same thing less the admission and line. Perhaps even a better deal too. I hate NE shows. Same dealers dragging the same books around. I'm sick of trying to talk them down to retail too.