• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 181 *Update page 2

22 posts in this topic

Hey! Purchased this book thinking it was high grade... Once it came in the mail I noticed a few defects. There is a scratch in the cover (At the bottom of N in BATMAN) that does not break through. Also, center fold and the two pages behind are only attached by top staple. All other pages are secured by both staples. Book lays flat.

D6ED14FF-CB8F-4441-A089-A3C172DA899D_zpsergqvmk7.jpg9E90E1AD-BE61-4D84-A239-4D65F3B0FF9B_zpssiygzooa.jpgF05015A4-828C-4A96-A24F-AA8535B52552_zpsaoz87sv7.jpgA932CF7D-09EE-464A-854C-1A1852FE3AF7_zpsi7jnof9t.jpgDD19DCA7-E660-449A-BED3-7B040FAFBA4F_zpsswco6p14.jpg

That's a tough one. A book with many positives, but probably capped at midgrade because of the defects, esp the centerfolds issue. I'll throw out a guess of 6.0.

Exactly, lot of positives... Great page quality, great corners and spine. I don't know where to grade it though with the bottom staple detached in the middle.

I've seen books with the centerfold completely detached, in a 6.0 holder.

Right on, Mike, this was my thinking as well.

I guess it comes down to whether we are giving our estimates of CGC's grade or our own personal grades in this forum. My guess is CGC would say 6.0 or thereabouts. To be honest, if I were selling it raw, I'd probably call it 5.0/5.5 to be on the safe side, and would be a bit uneasy asserting it as a solid 6.0. It is kind of a wild-card flaw.

hm

From the listing:

All items listed are checked to the best of our abilities and found to be UNRESTORED!

-Both staples attached

Seems like an easy not-as-described return.

I knew to stay away from that seller. Though it may be too harsh, anyone with "angled" pics screams not on the up-and-up.

And the centerfold picture is conveniently rolled where the staples are.