• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General question on grading

7 posts in this topic

I have a comic which looks great to me but there are issues after giving it a thorough look I would say there are three spine marks and two of the edges are slightly rough.

Would this knock it into 7.0 - 8.0 or 8.0 - 9.0 or is there any chance of getting a 9 something.

The book is from 2003.

You are way low there! 9.4 can have a few spine ticks. Even 9.6 and the occasional 9.8 can have a couple or one very minor spine tick.

I just got back a 9.6 with a single, and another 9.6 with two spine ticks. The one with the single tick looks like it might even be color breaking ... but just might be a color defect in the area giving the appearance of a color break. It's difficult to see unless it's removed from the case. Ironically, I also just received a 9.4 that looks perfect in everyway, but I guess it may have a minor defect in the interior...