• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: The Walking Dead #1 Updated 1/3/16 can someone please grade my comic

15 posts in this topic

Hello

Please could someone have a look at photo's of my Walking Dead number 1.

I have tried to identify things that will affect grade other than these the comic looks in great condition inside and out.

Thanks in advance.

Front

Walking%20Dead%201_zpskotcsvhi.jpg

Back

Walking%20Dead%202_zpsu9aknuck.jpg

Things i have found

Corner issue

Walking%20Dead%2010_zpsfwykuihs.jpg

corner issue

Walking%20Dead%209_zps3jkskgoj.jpg

Spine crease

Walking%20Dead%204_zpsvtb4ndk6.jpg

Spine crease

Walking%20Dead%205_zpsc6ffazzn.jpg

Spine crease color break most noticeable

Walking%20Dead%206_zpsgpu3wfbd.jpg

Slight crease could go with pressing

Walking%20Dead%203_zpszix4sts7.jpg

IMG_2517_zpswjdymhhu.jpg

Corner issue close up

Walking%20Dead%208_zpszadgvb7j.jpg

The photo below might look like a crease in the cover but it's s thin scratch visible only under certain conditions.

Walking%20Dead%207_zpsnojw1fnv.jpg

Nice job conveying the small imperfections. The scratch, the minor spine stress lines, the imperfect corners and the minor spine roll all add up. Overall impression is that it has been read once or twice and not stored perfectly, but has been handled carefully. Looks to me like an 8.5.

YMMV - I'm new here but trying to contribute rather than just posting my own pics.

Pressing can help with non-color breaking creases, bends, or rolls if they're slight. Which you have some of. It can't help with anything like color breaks, bumped corners with exposed white, or scratches. You have some of all those too.

I think pressing might get you in the 9.0 neighborhood. But, that scratch looks pretty lengthy, so it's hard to say.