• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Value of a Double Cover

30 posts in this topic

OK, which of you is theometalhead2 and which is aznthrilla?

confused-smiley-013.gif I thought you were one of those I am cosmic-spider-man on ebay to gossip.gif wonder if they are board members hi.gif

kikirae76 is me. (yeah yeah, its an account the woman started, I just hijacked it.)

Either of you guys win the slabbed ASM 312 double cover that was up on ebay awhile back? I wanted in on that but just had too many other things going on at the time to really set aside $100+ for it.

That was me...sorry. I couldn't resist, but it looks fantastic!

With double covers, do you think there's a minimum that any decent double cover is worth, versus a percentage premium? In other words, is any double cover worth at least $30?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif That is a tough one but I would have to say no, most Double Covers don't hit $30 unless it is something very popular like ASM or X-Men and I have won several for under $10 but you can bet if you have a ASM it will top $30 because of me and DCB and the other guys he mentioned above. But I do think any Double Cover will sell for more than the normal verision but how much more is hard to say just depends on if theirs more than one person who wants it and theirs not a lot of people who collect Double Covers.

With double covers, do you think there's a minimum that any decent double cover is worth, versus a percentage premium? In other words, is any double cover worth at least $30?

I think the premium is between 50% and 100%, depending on the comic.

I pay a hella premium for ASM double covers (trying to collect as many as I can).

hi.gif Hay I collect those ASM Double covers to I guess we have butted heads on ebay a few times on those frown.gif Just curious how many ASM's do you have with Double Covers and do you have any with more than two covers gossip.gif?

I know! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Sometimes I don't even bother trying when you are bidding! My best Double Cover ASM is a CGC 9.6 ASM #100. I only have 13 ASM Double Covers, and of that only 4 are CGC graded. None with more than two covers.

Maybe we should work out a deal where if one of us bids, the other one will stay out. 27_laughing.gif We can save a lot of money that way.

I know!

Sometimes I don't even bother trying when you are bidding!

frown.gif Hay you blew me right out of the water on that last ASM that was on ebay I think it was a CGC 9.8 #267 I was shocked at how high that one went frustrated.gif I really thought I was going to win that one, but in the end I wasen't even close Christo_pull_hair.gif

thumbsup2.gif pm me I have a few extra ASM double covers maybe we could work some kind of trade.

I know!

Sometimes I don't even bother trying when you are bidding!

frown.gif Hay you blew me right out of the water on that last ASM that was on ebay I think it was a CGC 9.8 #267 I was shocked at how high that one went frustrated.gif I really thought I was going to win that one, but in the end I wasen't even close Christo_pull_hair.gif

thumbsup2.gif pm me I have a few extra ASM double covers maybe we could work some kind of trade.

Yeah, I was surprised too. I thought you would be going to at least $200. Unfortunately for me...SOMEONE ELSE DID. Christo_pull_hair.gif If it was just you and me, the bidding might have stopped around $125. frustrated.gif

ooo extras!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Yea I don't know what it is but some books seem to pop up a lot with double covers I know I have seen at least 4 ASM 100's with Double covers their was one up not long ago that had a mark jewlers add cool.gif that would have been cool and very thick, and I have seen 3 ASM 98's and I have seen 2 of a whole lot of different ones I even have 2 of a few myself. I guess some books are more likely to have double covers than others. confused-smiley-013.gif