• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigh...USPS shipment from CGC vanished in town

19 posts in this topic

Hey all,

FINALLY getting my books back from CGC, 3 months after handing them over for pressing and grading. I was surprised and very happy with the results of pressing and grading, and was eagerly awaiting my books as the status changed to shipped, on Friday the 5th. I figured I'd see them by Tuesday. Nope. Tracking shows they have been making progress towards me.

Wednesday, still nothing. Strangely, the last update is that between Monday and Tuesday the package moved closer to me, and as of Tuesday night the books were put on a truck at the sorting facility to be moved to my local USPS office.

That is the latest, most recent status. Tuesday PM, left sorting facility in my city X, to move to local USPS office in the same city. Nothing since. The local USPS has advised they never checked it in. I have a case open, and I guess we'll see.

The kicker is that the grading's positive result put the books' value well above the insurance value. :( Just wondering how boned I am in this situation.

Last shipment took 10-14 days from CGC to my hands, but that was due to snow and ice storms, and that was easily the longest I've seen a package delivery take from the time they list it as shipped. My local post office is one of the 3 big main offices in town, 7 miles from the P&DC (processing and distribution center). I'm hoping... but I'm really bummed so far.

Waiting for Registered mail is a frustrating experience. While I am sure you will get your package soon, my advice would be to use Fedex next time. Fedex Ground usually takes only two to three days with much better Tracking.

This is why I never ship packages via USPS. They are thieves, imbeciles and incompetents.

My mother worked as a clerk at a USPS processing plant for almost 30 years. She said that it was common for employees to play catch with packages, so SCS (is that the right acronym?) damage is a concern. I doubt it would be any different at UPS or FedEx.

Most USPS employees are honest, though. The postal service does a pretty decent job of screening out dishonest people, and even minor theft on the job is an automatic career-ender.

Cool. (thumbs u

I sometimes feel I'm in a different universe to other collectors. About three weeks after shipping, I start to think mavbe I should check the tracking... which usually means that I don't for at least another another couple of weeks. Sometime in that period the books usually turn up. Living on another continent changes your perspectives on shipping times.

Although I did just realise that there's a parcel from April last year I never got. Must get around to chasing that up. hm

Cool. (thumbs u

I sometimes feel I'm in a different universe to other collectors. About three weeks after shipping, I start to think mavbe I should check the tracking... which usually means that I don't for at least another another couple of weeks. Sometime in that period the books usually turn up. Living on another continent changes your perspectives on shipping times.

Although I did just realise that there's a parcel from April last year I never got. Must get around to chasing that up. hm

:o

:wishluck:

This is why I never ship packages via USPS. They are thieves, imbeciles and incompetents.

Unfair, generalized, comment. There are many hard-working people who work for the PO. Three of my good friends worked or still work for the USPS. You might as well call all comic book dealers dishonest, thieves, imbeciles, and incompetents.

sp