• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Hulk v. The Thing - Grade this Fantastic Four #112 - Thanks!

39 posts in this topic

8.5 pending

juggle.gif

Is there something wrong along the bottom right side front cover?

confused.gif

Scanner ghost, or long skinny corner crease?

8.5 pending

juggle.gif

Is there something wrong along the bottom right side front cover?

confused.gif

Scanner ghost, or long skinny corner crease?

Don't have it in hand yet, but I don't believe so. I'll update scans when it arrives 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

you don't see the URC colour breaking crease? confused-smiley-013.gifscrewy.gif

I took off .5 for that.

9.0 otherwise.

Still waiting for the BRC... poke2.gif

that's one lovely copy of a tough cover to keep nice....... thumbsup2.gif

the defects i see should only bring ot down to an 8.0 or so IMHO............

if that book is a 7.0, then i don't even wanna see what they think about my Walk-Thru's tomorrow.................. 893whatthe.gif.

if that book is a 7.0, then i don't even wanna see what they think about my Walk-Thru's tomorrow.................. 893whatthe.gif.

I agree, I think it's a classic 8.0 for a tough book. But as it comes from a bonafide original owner collection, I will not be surprised if there is an upside to this story. I (had) to buy 73 other books in this lot to get this issue!!! gossip.gifWoe is me! gossip.gif (Sometimes the best are yet to come!)

Ok, we'll go around the Horn here: ULC = abraided - URC= 1" color breaking crease - LRC = 1/8 " color breaking crease - LLC = blunted to rounded. There are color breakers at the staples as well. The back cover has what I assume is a printing defect / crease that comes in from the left side? in the bottom quarter of the book. I know CGC does not down grade for this below a certain grade just wanted to make sure thats what it was.

I know David always stress the positives first sorry.gif I'm working on it.

However, its structurally very tight and the minimal surface wear on a tough black cover, anyone have extensive experience on this book, does it get the Luke Cage #1 lack of scrutiny? Nice book and I'm going to go away from the pack and say.

I agree, I think it's a classic 8.0 for a tough book. But as it comes from a bonafide original owner collection, I will not be surprised if there is an upside to this story. I (had) to buy 73 other books in this lot to get this issue!!! gossip.gifWoe is me! gossip.gif (Sometimes the best are yet to come!)

Is there a long, 1" bend/crease in the LRC? That's where my 7.0-7.5 came from.

Is there a long, 1" bend/crease in the LRC? That's where my 7.0-7.5 came from.

I should be able to provide better scans early next week - my biggest concern is the URFC, from what I see there is a crease there, but I don't know the severity yet . . . 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hey Diva,

Nice book!

Is one of my all time fave issues. I loved it as a kid and love it now. Yours looks similar to mine and mine grades 7.5. However, mine has a very very small tear on the front cover vs. the small crease top right that yours has. I say a solid 8.0

Artboy99