• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-man 129 Time to BUY before it reaches $10,000?

52 posts in this topic

Legwork? What does that mean? Find a raw copy and CGC it? You will NEVER find a 9.6 and I don't think I have the eye to spot one and I dont trust raw copies on ebay. Those dudes notorious;y over grade! .

$4000 Canadian for a 9.6 is reasonable!

sorry the 9.8 > 100

9.6 = 279

There was this time in the before days when slabbing didn't exist and people bought (GASP!) raw comics. Some of which were later slabbed at 9.6 and 9.8

Sorry for the snark but they are out there if you want to search for them. As October said, ASM 129 isn't exactly a rare comic.

Legwork? What does that mean? Find a raw copy and CGC it? You will NEVER find a 9.6 and I don't think I have the eye to spot one and I dont trust raw copies on ebay. Those dudes notorious;y over grade! .

sorry the 9.8 > 100

9.6 = 279

I have bought and slabbed raw copies on eBay that have come back 9.2/9.4/9.6. They are out there....this is ASM 129 we are talking about. Not exactly rare.

Ditto here and I just wanted to point out to OP that sometime ago (years) when the census for #129 9.8s was only a handful or less, I do believe it broke well >$10K. But since has come down relative to the dramatic increase on the supply side. However it does seem like most recently its on an uptick vs. all time low price point.

sorry the 9.8 > 100

9.6 = 279

I have bought and slabbed raw copies on eBay that have come back 9.2/9.4/9.6. They are out there....this is ASM 129 we are talking about. Not exactly rare.

Ditto here and I just wanted to point out to OP that sometime ago (years) when the census for #129 9.8s was only a handful or less, I do believe it broke well >$10K. But since has come down relative to the dramatic increase on the supply side. However it does seem like most recently its on an uptick vs. all time low price point.

There was a Heritage sale years ago that broke $11k in 9.8 if I remember right. Went to a floor bidder at an auction my friend was at. GPA also lists multiple sales north of $12k from 2008.

Right $12K rings a bell. Those days were allot of fun.

I want to say there were definitely more recent sales (last 2 years or so) as low as $4K range. I think at one point around this time or 2013 I distinctly recall Roy having a really sweet 9.8 129 slab for sale on the boards here and remember thinking what an extremely attractive price point vs. paying five digits.

Overall strong prices for the 129s in last night's Comic Link auction.

A 9.0 sold for $1877.00, setting a new GPA high

A 9.4 sold for $2301.00 (a little short of the GPA high)

A 9.6 sold for $2700.00 (also a little short of the GPA high)

Not possible unless Clink started reporting GPA last night.

Overall strong prices for the 129s in last night's Comic Link auction.

A 9.0 sold for $1877.00, setting a new GPA high

A 9.4 sold for $2301.00 (a little short of the GPA high)

A 9.6 sold for $2700.00 (also a little short of the GPA high)

Not possible unless Clink started reporting GPA last night.

"unofficial" new gpa high :foryou:

Crazy results seeing how you can get a 9.4 on eBay for 1900 right now (from several sellers).

Many buyers don't trust eBay or its sellers. I've had good luck selling slabs on CL, and at higher fixed prices.

This.

+1

Brand name recognition and that's why buyers are willing to pay more to CL as opposed to paying less to Joe Schmoo on eBay.

And that's why consignors are willing to pay the 8% seller's premium to CL to take care of everything. Higher realized price with far less headaches.

I want to say there were definitely more recent sales (last 2 years or so) as low as $4K range. I think at one point around this time or 2013 I distinctly recall Roy having a really sweet 9.8 129 slab for sale on the boards here and remember thinking what an extremely attractive price point vs. paying five digits.

This is definitely something which I have never been able to understand. ???

Have never been able to understand the irrational exuberance and sheer impatience of buyers to pay ridiculous amounts of money just to be the one of the early ones to buy an UHG copy of a book. Especially when common sense dictates that there will certainly be more copies in similar grade or in even higher grade to come out as the book was highly collected and certainly not rare at all, even in HG condition. hm:screwy:

SO I was at a comic store and we examined 2 differents books. One had a CGC grade of 7.5 with white pages, BUT if you looked at the side you could SEE that the white were anything but white. The spine had ticks in it.

Then another book that graded a 6.0 and prefect spine! WHAT THE HELL?

Another collector on a fb group posted pics of his recent CGC book that graded 9.8 with a HAIR in the case!

Seems grading raw copies brings nothing but misery. Is CGC getting lazy? Is it time to move to CBCS or PGX?

SO I was at a comic store and we examined 2 differents books. One had a CGC grade of 7.5 with white pages, BUT if you looked at the side you could SEE that the white were anything but white. The spine had ticks in it.

Another collector on a fb group posted pics of his recent CGC book that graded 9.8 with a HAIR in the case!

Seems grading raw copies brings nothing but misery. Is CGC getting lazy? Is it time to move to CBCS or PGX?

Yes. Use PGX... lol

This is definitely something which I have never been able to understand. ???

Have never been able to understand the irrational exuberance and sheer impatience of buyers to pay ridiculous amounts of money just to be the one of the early ones to buy an UHG copy of a book. Especially when common sense dictates that there will certainly be more copies in similar grade or in even higher grade to come out as the book was highly collected and certainly not rare at all, even in HG condition. hm:screwy:

Part of this could be slab syndrome. Especially if you are competitive in the registry.

The Punisher is a great character but I think there might be only a little more meat on the bone for Spidey 129. If we are expecting this to double or triple in price, we might be waiting for awhile. Great book, I own it but not rare and Punisher will never rival IH 181.

Cool story, bro

The Punisher is a great character but I think there might be only a little more meat on the bone for Spidey 129. If we are expecting this to double or triple in price, we might be waiting for awhile. Great book, I own it but not rare and Punisher will never rival IH 181.

He has before. Who's to say he won't again?

Cool story, bro

was a better read on the PGX message board