• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-man 129 Time to BUY before it reaches $10,000?

52 posts in this topic

Wow, yeah, that is a stunner.

Yeah, checks all the boxes - great PQ, perfect centering, and nice staple placement. If I had the cash, I'd try and upgrade to this.

EDIT: I will probably keep an eye on this to see what it goes for. Self-torture combined with curiosity.

Any thoughts on how high this auction is going to go:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=650292

Looks like a very nice book. I have a feeling it will go for around 8K. I have seen some other 9.8s around, but this one is a beauty.

That's my book. With trades I have more than 8k in it, but who knows where it will sell for. It's perfect. That's why I drove in the middle of the night to trade/buy it. I traded a near perfect 9.8 white plus cash for this one. It was the best one I've ever seen.

Any thoughts on how high this auction is going to go:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=650292

Looks like a very nice book. I have a feeling it will go for around 8K. I have seen some other 9.8s around, but this one is a beauty.

That's my book. With trades I have more than 8k in it, but who knows where it will sell for. It's perfect. That's why I drove in the middle of the night to trade/buy it. I traded a near perfect 9.8 white plus cash for this one. It was the best one I've ever seen.

Good luck with the sale. Very stunning book. Wish I had the cash for it. I bought a 9.4 from Iceman, but I have my eyes on a white pages, centered 9.4 that will be coming up on pedigree comic auctions.

Generally speaking, key issues spike before a media event (TV, film) and then drop afterwards.

With the Punisher TV show coming, best time to buy this would be after the show has come out, been a hit, and has been around a while and a bit taken for granted.

Like two or three years after the show is over.

Not a Bronze Age topic, but I am biding my time until after the TMNT movies come out (I expect the sequel will do well enough to make a third) to get my first print #1.

Best time to SELL would probably be after Bernthal appears on the Daredevil show here in a few weeks, up to right after the announcement (the day of the announcement being optimal).

But michael bay is making the turtles movies so it will be awful like the last one. Buy now! lol

And on topic spidey 129 is not coming down for a loooooooong time imo. I do think it's hitting it's peak though.

And I still can't believe what was once my 10th best spidey comic is now my best. (I have 2.0 Asm 3 bought for 300...that has barely moved at all...while I bought a 7.0 spidey 129 for 80 dollars and now look...500 or more!)

The thing that I like most about the Comic Connect version is the centered wrap without a hint of white border that so many of them have from the back cover. I have seen 9.6 copies that have had that miswrap.

I am going after a 9.6 not a 9.8... 9.8 is out of the ball park already. I think the 9.6 will too given the extremely low number of them around (< 100)
Probably considerably less than 100. More like a handful of books squished more times than the Charmin.
:shy:

lol

lol The younger generation probably won't get this.

I am going after a 9.6 not a 9.8... 9.8 is out of the ball park already. I think the 9.6 will too given the extremely low number of them around (< 100)
Probably considerably less than 100. More like a handful of books squished more times than the Charmin.
:shy:

lol

lol The younger generation probably won't get this.

The younger generation doesn't even know what a message board is... :eyeroll: