• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rarest Neal Adams book

69 posts in this topic

Scroll down look in the sea green color. It starts off at a box to the right of the Flash

Here's some...

ARCHIE COMICS DIGEST (Archie Series)

#1, 2 ,4,5,19-21,24,25,27,29,31,33 (Covers only 88,94,100,106) The extent of

Adams art is unknown.

ARCHIE'S JOKE BOOK MAGAZINE (Archie Series)

#44 (1-3 pages)

#45 (1-3 pages)

#46 (1-3 pages)

#47 (1-3 pages)

#48 (4 pages)

ARCHIE'S SUPER HERO SPECIAL DIGEST MAGAZINE (Archie Series)

#2 (August 1979) Contains contents to the never published Black Hood #1

(also reprinted in JCP Features #1)

BLUE RIBBON (Archie Series)

#8 Reprint - Contains contents to the never published Black Hood #1 (also

reprinted in JCP #1 and Archie's Superhero Special Digest Magazine #2)

UNEARTHLY SPECTACULAR (Archie Series)

#2 (December 1966) (1 page) "Flash Farrell Gets The Picture At Goodyear

Aerospace"

How's your 116?

Also how much for the 123? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sterling, do you have any other Adams horror books to add other than the HOM's that have been tough for ya?

HoS #91 has been difficult for me to find in high grade. Kinda odd since #92 is all over the place. I can find readers all day long with Adams, I'm putting the high grade filter on my statements.

I'd also concur with others that some of the late SA/early BA Batman/Detective Adam covers aren't impossible, but you have to be patient for them to show up (especially in HG).

Well for people who can "find" those Tomahawks I'll offer $325 for a NM 9.4 116 and $160 for a 9.2.

Good luck people! tongue.gif

I wonder what a true NM 116 would get at auction? I think drbanner has the qualified 9.2 if I remember correctly - only graded copy of the issue in the census. It looks awesome but has a detached staple. Still a remarkable copy considering the others I have seen.

Has this issue ever been found in high grade in any of the pedigreed collections?

I think the House of Mystery #190 is one of the hardest in high grade

Also Witching Hour #9 in high grade

The two Secret Hearts covers , one Heart Throbs cover, and the one Young Romance cover he did are sort of tough too

I also think the Adventures of the Fly #4 in which he did only one panel -his first superhero work- 1959- is also pretty tough

Also the 45 or 33 rpm covers to records he did are also pretty tough

He also did some great National Lampoon art -sort of tough to find-especially the Stevie Wonder cover issue in 3D

Well for people who can "find" those Tomahawks I'll offer $325 for a NM 9.4 116 and $160 for a 9.2.

Good luck people! tongue.gif

tom116.jpgcloud9.gif

It's not high grade, but it is nice and it's signed by Neal Adams! headbang.gif

I wasnt sure where to post this but in the end i opted for the Bronze Age section but this can apply to any period. My favourite and im sure a lot of other collectors favourite artist is Neal Adams. Now i knew quite a few Adams completists who never quite fulfilled their wish of having every Neal Adams book he ever drew. So for all the Neal Adams fans out there is there any particular book you are having trouble finding or too forever to find. This can be from ANY book from ANY publisher from ANY time period. I will start the ball rolling by stating, for me anyway, that JOURNEY OF DISCOVERY WITH MARK STEEL which was a promotional giveaway has been the hardest Neal Adams book for me to find. Anyone else.

I've had several of the Mark Steel books, they aren't that hard to find. Maybe because of where I am. The first Archie books are pretty damn hard.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but Marc Newman at houseofcomics.com has three copies of the Archie Joke Book Magazine #47 with early Neal Adams art. He showed me one of them at WonderCon. Neither of us could tell which pages Adams drew though because it was all drawn in "Archie" style.