• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Winter Auction

146 posts in this topic

Surprised the Thor 1, DAUTERMAN, pages didn't go for more noting what they were and how that might play out in the future of the character.

I'm surprised they went for so much considering they are a digital print

I missed that. That explains it. Thanks!

Surprised the Thor 1, DAUTERMAN, pages didn't go for more noting what they were and how that might play out in the future of the character.

Bingo....it's just a print. The only ink on it was put there by Epson.

It's not marked OA, or as the artwork used for the book, because it's not and it was produced after the fact to be sold as a representation of the artwork. It says 1/1 artist's proof but that's really not the same as the real thing to almost all collectors.

Hughes Catwoman 45 cover = $8.6K

Nice money. I guess it doesn't matter that that is Clayface on the cover and not Batman as it was described. For me being a "batman" cover never made or broke this piece.

Bingo....it's just a print. The only ink on it was put there by Epson.

It's not marked OA, or as the artwork used for the book, because it's not and it was produced after the fact to be sold as a representation of the artwork. It says 1/1 artist's proof but that's really not the same as the real thing to almost all collectors.

The price made sense once t3quila pointed out it was a digital print. With art going digital I wonder if that is the wave of the future (1 of 1 prints of important/historic pages)? Also, I doubt they printed anything for the production. It was more than likely all digital from files.