• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Winter Auction

146 posts in this topic

... I think [Mike] is just saying it's irrelevant this day in age. It's more important to know whether or not the cover is published or not..

To me personally, I would still prefer owning an original non variant cover.

Okay, that's a different discussion, and personally I lean more towards Mike's view. Indeed almost all variants get the same exposure these days thanks to all the online comic book websites. The exception being some retailer variants and artwork finished very close to the publication date (as opposed to solicitation date).

And with variants having different artists and different themes (sometimes pre-chosen and shared across a publication line), the chances are higher one could find a published piece with a combination of artist and character/image they like, so to me it's a win-win situation.

OK, I think I've finally figured out how to post an image here, so I'd like to post one of my Clink wins from yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will display properly.

RAD8EECD2016223_857.jpg

So you were the one who won that, I took a shot at it but glad to see it got a good home.

Thanks, Brian. It was love at first sight when I saw this up on CAF 15 years ago, but it was truly something to behold when the previous owner brought it to my house and I got to see it in person (along with some other incredible art from his personal collection).

Kane Astonishing Tales #24 cover = $12,750. WTF??!!!
Kane art "looks" to have done Very well in this auction, have to see if the pieces play musical chairs or not. :/

Yeah, more and more Kane covers that were in the ~$15K range less than a year ago seem to be fetching the high teens or even low-to-mid $20Ks these days. The next price tier down material also seems to be on the rise if this auction is any indication.

Pretty tough to find Kane hero covers for much less than 15K these days, unless there's a source I don't know about (I wish there was!). As for the DD cover--no musical chairs with that one, as the winning bidder it's the first A-level Kane hero cover I've owned, so I'm excited.

Have to admit I was very surprised by the IT cover--thought it would fall in the range of Kane's monster covers. But I think it's a pretty kick- cover--one that I'd be happy to own--so congrats to the winner!