• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Winter Auction

146 posts in this topic

Surprised the Thor 1, DAUTERMAN, pages didn't go for more noting what they were and how that might play out in the future of the character.

I'm surprised they went for so much considering they are a digital print

Bingo....it's just a print. The only ink on it was put there by Epson.

It's not marked OA, or as the artwork used for the book, because it's not and it was produced after the fact to be sold as a representation of the artwork. It says 1/1 artist's proof but that's really not the same as the real thing to almost all collectors.

The price made sense once t3quila pointed out it was a digital print. With art going digital I wonder if that is the wave of the future (1 of 1 prints of important/historic pages)? Also, I doubt they printed anything for the production. It was more than likely all digital from files.

I don't think so, I feel that those pages were a special exception, because of the content on them, and hopes that the new female character will continue to be popular. If Marvel was to reboot Thor, or at least make the main title of it back again to a male, or don't think those 2 pieces would hold its value.

On the subject of digital art though what I think artist might start to do, or at least hope do is follow the example of Nick Dragotta. He's the artist for "East of West" which is done digitally, but recently did it where instead of making one off prints to sell, he took request of first come first serve of recreating pages from the series that he would count as its' original art, only making one of each page or cover. One might consider it a recreation, or commission, but I think its better than a print which would be much more easier to fake, and doesn't have any OA on it. 2c

Surprised the Thor 1, DAUTERMAN, pages didn't go for more noting what they were and how that might play out in the future of the character.

I'm surprised they went for so much considering they are a digital print

Bingo....it's just a print. The only ink on it was put there by Epson.

It's not marked OA, or as the artwork used for the book, because it's not and it was produced after the fact to be sold as a representation of the artwork. It says 1/1 artist's proof but that's really not the same as the real thing to almost all collectors.

The price made sense once t3quila pointed out it was a digital print. With art going digital I wonder if that is the wave of the future (1 of 1 prints of important/historic pages)? Also, I doubt they printed anything for the production. It was more than likely all digital from files.

I don't think so, I feel that those pages were a special exception, because of the content on them, and hopes that the new female character will continue to be popular. If Marvel was to reboot Thor, or at least make the main title of it back again to a male, or don't think those 2 pieces would hold its value.

On the subject of digital art though what I think artist might start to do, or at least hope do is follow the example of Nick Dragotta. He's the artist for "East of West" which is done digitally, but recently did it where instead of making one off prints to sell, he took request of first come first serve of recreating pages from the series that he would count as its' original art, only making one of each page or cover. One might consider it a recreation, or commission, but I think its better than a print which would be much more easier to fake, and doesn't have any OA on it. 2c

Guess it all depends on the artist. Some might do it the way Nick did, some a 1 of 1 print, and some might not do them at all like Mitch Gerads on the later issues of the Punisher he did. I inquired about a cover and he said it was only in digital form.

Makes you wonder about the future doesn't it?

Starlin Captain Marvel page with Thanos and Death- $9433. This and the Atom splash were my 2 favorites.

Starlin Warlock #15 splash- 14.5K

Valentino's Guardians of the Galaxy on the cover to Overstreet Price Update #14- 3.7K (if anyone wants an example at prices like that- I have I believe 9 covers, check my CAF)