• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone here purchased a long box from Heritage?

15 posts in this topic

I think Heritage is okay grading raws. Sometimes they're high, sometimes low. It all averages out.

The "long box" shipping is deceptive though. I purchased a lot of about 20 Showcase books recently that was supposed to ship in a long box, and they just included it with my other slab purchases in a normal box. Of course, they still charged me for shipping the long box, so that was special.

I think Heritage is okay grading raws. Sometimes they're high, sometimes low. It all averages out.

The "long box" shipping is deceptive though. I purchased a lot of about 20 Showcase books recently that was supposed to ship in a long box, and they just included it with my other slab purchases in a normal box. Of course, they still charged me for shipping the long box, so that was special.

They state shipping of a long box is $48.95, I don't see this being feasible for a full box of books, I would assume it wold be more (shrug)

How do they pack the long box so the books don't get damaged (shrug)

If they state the books in the long box are vf to nm condition, will they arrive in the advertised condition?

I've purchased a few short boxes from Heritage. The comics were shipped inside the short box and stuffed tight at each end with bubble wrap. The short box itself was then taped closed. Then it was put into a larger box with peanuts. Not sure if they can ship a long box the same way though; I can't think of a larger box a long box would fit into that wouldn't be :insane: expensive to ship.

Do you mind if I ask what you purchased inside the long box? :popcorn:

If they state the books in the long box are vf to nm condition, will they arrive in the advertised condition?

I've purchased a few short boxes from Heritage. The comics were shipped inside the short box and stuffed tight at each end with bubble wrap. The short box itself was then taped closed. Then it was put into a larger box with peanuts. Not sure if they can ship a long box the same way though; I can't think of a larger box a long box would fit into that wouldn't be :insane: expensive to ship.

I haven't purchased one as of yet, just trying to see if the books would come as described.

They state shipping of a long box is $48.95, I don't see this being feasible for a full box of books, I would assume it wold be more (shrug)

A comic weighs about 2.5 ounces. 250 would be 625 ounces which is just shy of 39 pounds. A long box is 29x8x12. I priced a 50 pound box (added 11 pounds for extra books and good packing materials) of 30x9x12 inches, valued at $1,000 from Houston TX to Hoboken NJ. Ground pricing for that was $49.96 for regular shipment and $29.44 on my account (I am 100% sure that Heritage gets the same or better discount than I have)

Shipping/handling was just over $70 for 3 slabs and 20 raws. The listing stated the raws would be shipped in a long box, but they weren't. They were just added to the box with the 3 CGC books. If a long box had shown up, instead of a 10"x10"x6" box, I would have been much less annoyed.

A comic weighs about 2.5 ounces. 250 would be 625 ounces which is just shy of 39 pounds. A long box is 29x8x12. I priced a 50 pound box (added 11 pounds for extra books and good packing materials) of 30x9x12 inches, valued at $1,000 from Houston TX to Hoboken NJ. Ground pricing for that was $49.96 for regular shipment and $29.44 on my account (I am 100% sure that Heritage gets the same or better discount than I have)

I appreciate the information.

Thanks guys (thumbs u

I haven't purchased one as of yet, just trying to see if the books would come as described.

In my experience their VF/NM on a lot that size would likely include many books above that grade.

wondering if you can call and get the shipping reembursed since they lied about how they would be sending it and hence charged you to much for shipping?

personaly if i'm paying 50 shipping and the shipping doesn't come close to that i'd be pretty pissed and on the phone real quick

They break the long box into short boxes and pack it as described above.

I've bought some short box file copies from them.....jam packed unbagged or boarded with a strip of bubble wrap under the lid and the lid taped up with a label on it. I don't recall it also being placed inside another box.

So if you bought the books as advertised as nm- and then they get beat up during transport, who is responsible for the damage (shrug)

I've bought some short box file copies from them.....jam packed unbagged or boarded with a strip of bubble wrap under the lid and the lid taped up with a label on it. I don't recall it also being placed inside another box.

So if you bought the books as advertised as nm- and then they get beat up during transport, who is responsible for the damage (shrug)

good question.....probably me for being dumb enough to order bulk file copies.

good question.....probably me for being dumb enough to order bulk file copies.

lol

sorry man...but that was funny..."file that under... I am screwed' lol