• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are my options with this...

15 posts in this topic

Have Kenny, or some other restoration professional, leafcast it

Thanks!

How can I contact Kenny?

You'd submit it to CCS here. Once they have the item in hand, they examine it, give you a quote, and if you accept, they'll send it to Kenny.

Seems like there should be a story that goes along with this page.

What's the history here? Did you find this page in a pile of comics (I once found the 1st page to Superman 1 in a pile of coverless junk comics I bought on ebay.... to this day it was one of the coolest finds I ever made on ebay. Ended up selling the page for $800).

Seems like there should be a story that goes along with this page.

What's the history here? Did you find this page in a pile of comics (I once found the 1st page to Superman 1 in a pile of coverless junk comics I bought on ebay.... to this day it was one of the coolest finds I ever made on ebay. Ended up selling the page for $800).

This was a Ebay find as well, same thing lot of coverless comics. I saw the joker card and shrimped my pants.

I am not sure what leaf casting can do to this, you just need the tears sealed. Leaf casting is for replacing pieces. I would not have the art recreated just seal the tears, there are numerous people that can do this. Just search for restoration on the boards. Susan from the restoration lab, Kenny from CCS and eclipse paper among others.

All that being said it may cost you $100 or to do the tear seals right. It is one of the better pages in the book but not sure where the value would be on a torn restored page. Nice complete ones have sold in the $500-800 range once slabbed.

James G

I am not sure what leaf casting can do to this, you just need the tears sealed. Leaf casting is for replacing pieces. I would not have the art recreated just seal the tears, there are numerous people that can do this. Just search for restoration on the boards. Susan from the restoration lab, Kenny from CCS and eclipse paper among others.

All that being said it may cost you $100 or to do the tear seals right. It is one of the better pages in the book but not sure where the value would be on a torn restored page. Nice complete ones have sold in the $500-800 range once slabbed.

James G

Leaf-casting will fill the pieces, mend the tears, and moisturize the paper fibers (improving the suppleness) all in one step. Rather than having a limp page with three huge tears seamed by adhesive there will be one solid continuous leaf. I'm very curious though if the value of the page is enough to warrant that level of resto and the resulting cost.

James G

Leaf-casting will fill the pieces, mend the tears, and moisturize the paper fibers (improving the suppleness) all in one step. Rather than having a limp page with three huge tears seamed by adhesive there will be one solid continuous leaf. I'm very curious though if the value of the page is enough to warrant that level of resto and the resulting cost.

I agree Richard. The more I thought about it, the more I wondered if economically it was worth doing. I guess that is for Kenny and Matt to say.

James G

I agree Richard. The more I thought about it, the more I wondered if economically it was worth doing. I guess that is for Kenny and Matt to say.

According to CCS they estimate $90-$125 to repair the page. That's just putting it back together. I plan on keeping this so I may go ahead with it. The value of the page isn't that big of a deal to me.

James G

According to CCS they estimate $90-$125 to repair the page. That's just putting it back together. I plan on keeping this so I may go ahead with it. The value of the page isn't that big of a deal to me.

That is not bad at all. I would do it for that price if you plan on keeping it. (thumbs u

James G

Is it brittle? Is that why it's torn, or is it still supple but was just torn somehow? if brittle, I would guess it would need to be leafcasted to avoid further damage. hm

James G

Is it brittle? Is that why it's torn, or is it still supple but was just torn somehow? if brittle, I would guess it would need to be leafcasted to avoid further damage. hm

The outer edges seem to be brittle but the page just looks to be torn imo