• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Drill423 said:

Before there was a message/disclaimer on the sight that acknowledged the damaged books and that they would be replaced if you felt yours was damaged.  The disclaimer also stated that any extra copies not replaced would be destroyed to keep print run the same.  So is this no longer the case?  

BP has damaged ones at the store that couldn’t be sold. Those were replaced with this stock. If you feel your red virgin ww is a damaged one contact the store.

45 minutes ago, Polirer said:

There is no yellow background WW. See what you did Kev geez!

Do you know what the print run on the Red background with the yellow flaming swords covers was? I don't see any info about it on the bulletproof site.

34 minutes ago, .mike said:

Do you know what the print run on the Red background with the yellow flaming swords covers was? I don't see any info about it on the bulletproof site.

I’m pretty sure it’s 1000

7 hours ago, Polirer said:

So the red virgins are back in stock because dc replaced the damaged ones they shipped.

Yes, I realized that.

I'll have to look at my copies again, but I do recall that one copy has a large cb spine tick on the back cover.

Here's a little something different to hunt. 

Wolverine #33 - German Edition 

Cover Date: April 2000

I've never seen this book or this style before, and thought it was very interesting in contrast to his other works. I can't find ANYTHING on this book as far as print run, value or any mention at all really. I'd love to have this one!

Thoughts?

Wolverin33[GER].jpg

56 minutes ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

Here's a little something different to hunt. 

Wolverine #33 - German Edition 

Cover Date: April 2000

I've never seen this book or this style before, and thought it was very interesting in contrast to his other works. I can't find ANYTHING on this book as far as print run, value or any mention at all really. I'd love to have this one!

Thoughts?

Wolverin33[GER].jpg

I’ve seen the cover before. But not in this resolution. Seeing it now. Totally different style than his others. More traditional comic book style wonder if he just did pencils and someone else’s inked and someoelse colored? But that’s his Wolverine just like the claws and mask on his other German cover.

59 minutes ago, Polirer said:

"wonder if he just did pencils and someone else’s inked and someoelse colored?"

Good question, definitely has a straight forward vibe,  maybe it's just because I know him to have a pretty much 100%  heavy oil painted look to his work. Even if he just penciled it seems...different. In a good way. I'd like to see more "traditional" work from him honestly.

It reminds me of something, maybe the long slicked back horns? Does anyone else draw them that way? The bone claws make it stand out too for sure, and the color scheme makes it look older than it is. I can't put my finger on it.

Edited by Hickok8AA8
Grammar

20 hours ago, Polirer said:

I’ve seen the cover before. But not in this resolution. Seeing it now. Totally different style than his others. More traditional comic book style wonder if he just did pencils and someone else’s inked and someoelse colored? But that’s his Wolverine just like the claws and mask on his other German cover.

Are you sure that is a cover by Dell'otto?

-J.

10 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Dont see how that's getting a yellow label.  And not even a guaranteed grade.

I thought the listing was fine. They didn't guarantee a number grade from what I saw. And if they were a CGC authorized witness (or had one), theres no reason that couldn't get a yellow label. Not sure the problem here.

If they got it witnessed, they could have taken a picture before submitting it to use for the auction. Does this eBay user have a history of bad CGC auctions or something?

Not a bad price for that. Wow. $685

Edited by kevhtx