• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, kevhtx said:

How much did the Venom 150 1:25 variant go for? Wasn't it going for around $100 at the time it came out? I can't remember, but I am just not real surprised at the pricing. I am not saying I like it, but just not surprised by it. I wish I had pre-ordered at Unknown. I saw the price and just hesitated briefly for some reason. When I went to order, they were gone. I got a couple of them for $85. I like the cover. Ill get them signed at some point Im sure.

The Venom 150 came down in price quite a bit after it came out, so I wonder what this one will do. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down some as well.

$40 - 50 at most.

12 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

$40 - 50 at most.

I meant pre-order. I remember it tanked after it came out (and the Kubert one did too. I think that one was the 1:50). Im almost sure they were pre-ordering for more than $50. I remember people were going crazy for it. Doug was selling out of the slab pre-orders for it here on the boards.

28 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

I meant pre-order. I remember it tanked after it came out (and the Kubert one did too. I think that one was the 1:50). Im almost sure they were pre-ordering for more than $50. I remember people were going crazy for it. Doug was selling out of the slab pre-orders for it here on the boards.

I pre-orderd 3 for about $25 - 30 for a secondary source.

18 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I pre-orderd 3 for about $25 - 30 for a secondary source.

Yep, you are right. I went back in my email and I got them for $30 and I bought 2 SS for $150. I think I just remembered them selling out, and that I bought the SS ones and thats why I thought they went for a lot.

FYI - I missed out on Scott's collectables deal on the 1:200. they had a pretty good deal on a 9.8 SS for £300 and raw for £200. The comic mint had them for $320 raw. Maybe someone has found them cheaper, but there is an ebay 20% off coupon right now if anyone is interested ($100 max off). I made a decent deal for a couple of them and then got 20% off + ebay bucks on top of that. Not too bad. Now lets just see if these things have any value or the bottom drops out of them.

1 hour ago, Subby1938 said:

I've asked it's booked for next 5 years

Yeash. 

Hoping to have Dell'Otto  ink/paint my 2008 Emma Frost in Diamond Form pencils piece someday.  Seems I may be waiting a while (If ever!)

5aa2e50885bf9_dellottoframed.thumb.jpg.076db092ba32ea0fbdcd805615761421.jpg5aa2e5066ea09_dellottocommissionwhitequeen.thumb.jpg.2bbede2d35c9fec6214a3a2fae81a5a5.jpg

Cheers!

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

FYI - I missed out on Scott's collectables deal on the 1:200. they had a pretty good deal on a 9.8 SS for £300 and raw for £200. The comic mint had them for $320 raw. Maybe someone has found them cheaper, but there is an ebay 20% off coupon right now if anyone is interested ($100 max off). I made a decent deal for a couple of them and then got 20% off + ebay bucks on top of that. Not too bad. Now lets just see if these things have any value or the bottom drops out of them.

Sent ya a PM bud....

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Dell 'Otto has a 1:25 and a 1:50 for Venomized #1?

unnamed(1).jpg

Yup.  The 1:25 was originally solicited as a Granov cover, but a few days ago was switched to Dell Otto.  So he’s got the 1:25 and the 1:50.  They should just go ahead and make the 1:100 and 1:200 virgins while they’re at it.  

19 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Dell 'Otto has a 1:25 and a 1:50 for Venomized #1?

Apparently this is the 1:50 

Which brings me to how annoying it is lately with Dell'Otto to settle on one cover to find out there is another variation of it one week later.  It's getting a bit out of control.

venom 1_50.jpg

Edited by obsidian00

9 hours ago, Drill423 said:

Yup.  The 1:25 was originally solicited as a Granov cover, but a few days ago was switched to Dell Otto.  So he’s got the 1:25 and the 1:50.  They should just go ahead and make the 1:100 and 1:200 virgins while they’re at it.  

Wait for the virgin....you know it's coming.  It's the trend lately with Dell'Otto covers.

10 hours ago, Drill423 said:

No doubt...

On 3/10/2018 at 10:45 AM, Subby1938 said:

If anyone is looking for Dell'otto 1:25 trade dress , signed by Dell'otto and graded I've got guy selling . I purchased my virgin from him . I think all he has left is trade . PM me I'll give you his info . Cheers

Which book are referring too?