• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out these Pics and correspondence with Ebay seller - The boards rock!

29 posts in this topic

I simply asked if better pics could be posted for this Iron Man 1...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IRON-MAN-1-CGC-9-0-OW-WH-PAGES-ORIGIN-OF-IRON-MAN-RETOLD-/281945711400?hash=item41a5462328:g:p18AAOSwFNZW0IY6

Here was the response -

"It's a 9.0 it's not going be a 9.8 with better pics. It's graded you'll get what you pay for"

What a D- Bag

I responded with "It would just be nice to get a clear picture of what I might be buying, or in this case not buying now. Not all 6.0 books look the same nor do all 9.0 books.

Thanks. Good luck selling the book."

Just thought I'd share some of the great Ebay etiquette...

The boards are so much better, for so many reasons, the above being just one example...

Everyone should start requesting better pics from the seller... lol

I'd be suspicious of the seller anyway. Very limited feedback as a seller, including one negative -- and only one comic-related sale apparently prior. For a book of that price level, an unwillingness to give you any other photos than the blurry ones combined with his poor attitude would send this guy to a block list if I actually ever bought on eBay. doh!

Not sure if the seller updated the photos but I would be fine with those. The comic is graded so that makes it even that much easier for you to know what you are getting. I would worry more with the low feedback. Seller certainly don't have the best sellers etiquette but that wouldn't bother me if I wanted the book. In that case I would use PayPal and a credit card then if there is an issue my butt is covered.

Not sure if the seller updated the photos but I would be fine with those. The comic is graded so that makes it even that much easier for you to know what you are getting. I would worry more with the low feedback. Seller certainly don't have the best sellers etiquette but that wouldn't bother me if I wanted the book. In that case I would use PayPal and a credit card then if there is an issue my butt is covered.

pretty sure the seller updated with higher res pics ( you can zoom in and see detail now) .

Could do without the attitude of the guy - anyone who is selling higher priced books should lose the snark - someone buying a $20 book from me gets more respect.

I wounder how he would respond to a question about the lower L cover area by IMs boot... looks like tape on the bag or case - but might be covering up a shipped or broken slab....

Buyers /paypal do have protection - but I would rather deal with a more professional seller. If they answer questions like that - do you trust them to pack a $1000 slab?

pretty sure the seller updated with higher res pics ( you can zoom in and see detail now) .

Could do without the attitude of the guy - anyone who is selling higher priced books should lose the snark - someone buying a $20 book from me gets more respect.

I wounder how he would respond to a question about the lower L cover area by IMs boot... looks like tape on the bag or case - but might be covering up a shipped or broken slab....

Buyers /paypal do have protection - but I would rather deal with a more professional seller. If they answer questions like that - do you trust them to pack a $1000 slab?

I wondered what that was as well, but it kind of looks like a piece of tape or something.

Sellers attitude was not good however I'm fine with those pics. I would only ask about the appearance of tape bottom left FC as to whether that is on bag or case and overall condition of the case to make sure it's free of cracks or major defects.

It's an old label and I think it is solid.

I do get where the seller is coming from a bit though. I'm personally a bit leery of folks who try to find "the grade within the grade" especially when selling CGC graded books.

Move on and don't look back.

Sellers attitude was not good however I'm fine with those pics. I would only ask about the appearance of tape bottom left FC as to whether that is on bag or case and overall condition of the case to make sure it's free of cracks or major defects.

I do get where the seller is coming from a bit though. I'm personally a bit leery of folks who try to find "the grade within the grade" especially when selling CGC graded books.

OP can confirm - but the pics now appear to be higher res and zoomable......was not the case when first posted

I don't get some people. This seller didn't even bother to remove the slab from the bag it came in. That would make for better pictures right there, but the attitude on top of that? I don't sell a lot on eBay, but when I do, it's because I actually want to sell the item. Anyone who asks a question or for more pictures gets their request answered promptly and respectfully. Sellers who cop an attitude, they can sell to someone else.

OP can confirm - but the pics now appear to be higher res and zoomable......was not the case when first posted

Seller did post better pics. Couldn't even read the label before...

I simply asked if better pics could be posted for this Iron Man 1...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IRON-MAN-1-CGC-9-0-OW-WH-PAGES-ORIGIN-OF-IRON-MAN-RETOLD-/281945711400?hash=item41a5462328:g:p18AAOSwFNZW0IY6

Here was the response -

"It's a 9.0 it's not going be a 9.8 with better pics. It's graded you'll get what you pay for"

What a D- Bag

I responded with "It would just be nice to get a clear picture of what I might be buying, or in this case not buying now. Not all 6.0 books look the same nor do all 9.0 books.

Thanks. Good luck selling the book."

Just thought I'd share some of the great Ebay etiquette...

The boards are so much better, for so many reasons, the above being just one example...

Everyone should start requesting better pics from the seller... lol

Thank him for the high res photos and ask him for some really blurry, low res photos next.

I don't see why this is such a problem. Guy asked for another scan of a slabbed book on eBay. I was swamped at work and wasn't able to do it for about 24 hours. I did as he asked, which took all of five minutes (after I pulled the book which took way longer) and within ten minutes of responding and updating the listing, he purchased and paid for the book.

Either way... all parties were happy. In the time he took to tell you why he wasn't going to scan the book, he could have scanned the book.

I never ceases to amaze me how some sellers are so moronic.

Like this guy's attitude... wtf, if you want my money (and we're not talking about $50), you better have a good attitude.

I treat everyone the same whether it's a $10 or a $1000 book. Positive transactions/experiences lead to more positive transactions

Further, I can't believe the number of sellers who don't reply to emails or messages.. How badly do you want to sell this thing? Why did you list it if you're not going to activity monitor the listing or reply to questions?

time wasters.... (shrug)

What a .

If these are actually better pics than what he originally posted, they still suck.

Can't see the bottom edge of the book from front or from back, and what's that tape?

A 9.0 can be 9.0 for a lot of reasons, and that still-blurry and badly-cropped pic can still be hiding a lot of dings on a cover that aren't apparent until you get it OUT OF THE BAG and in hand and can see the WHOLE COVER clearly.

But his written response is the topper - fugghetabowtit.