• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has remainder comics? Let's see them!

94 posts in this topic

OK, I've got a question. I get that a comic that has been unsold and has then had the cover defaced is remaindered.

However, what about the comics that this thread started off with? Aren't these complete?

Or Robotman's "Kings of the remaindered"? These look complete.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for your responses! --ElJay

The ECs that Robotman has posted were returns that got rebound as Annuals. So, they shipped off, were returned with the top 3rd torn off, then rebound for resale.

I assume that the books shown by Bob Hogg went through the same process.

The Key Comics or the Marc Comics, I assume were regular comics that the point of sale either added their promo covers to or regular comics whose cover were then torn off to be replaced with the promo covers. You find them both ways: with or without the original covers.

Anyone correct me if I am off.

Back in the late 70s I came across a small cache of mid-50s 3/4 cover remainders. They were in boxes with a sign - a nice package! I got 2 boxes of westerns and 2 boxes of romance books. Apparently retailers would sell the box for 60 cents but I don't know why the sign appears to direct consumers to buy a single copy for a nickel... And the box says 12 comics and the sign says 24...

Anyway, I've always loved the sign. It's so purely American!

Remainder%20Box_zps0svzxguw.jpg

Remainder%20Sign_zpsqzzqrnsd.jpg