• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

taking subs--CHILLER THEATRE April 22-24th SoA, Monkees, Rocky Horror, Meatloaf

17 posts in this topic

LOTS of guests at this show. Probably one of the bigger CHILLER shows I'll be facilitating to date. For some reason, I think I forgot to add this to my 2016 schedule, as I normally facilitate this show. Looking at the guest list, I'm creating a separate thread for this one.

Anyone looking to be part of a PM thread, LMK.

click THIS LINKY POO to get to the CHILLER guest list

Guests include---

Kim Coates (SoA), from Sopranos Dominic Chianese, Adia Turturro & Vincent Pastore, Meatloaf, Weird Al, George Wendt, Dabney Coleman, Alice Cooper, Rob Schnider, Michelle, Johnson, Erica Gavin, TARA REID

from WALKING DEAD

Seth Gilliam & Adian Turner

Kevin Sorbo, Bam Margera, Willie Aames, Noah Hathaway, Vincent Young, Marc Price, Danielle Spencer

THE MONKEES!

Mickey Dolenz & Peter Tork

Craig Scheffer (Nightbreed)

Nana Visitor

Mackenzie Phillips

Sarah Berry

Steve Railsback

ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW

Meatloaf, Patricia Quinn, Barry Bostwick, Nell Campbell

Pricing is going to range significantly from guest to guest, just FYI.

Shows like this are much different than most comic shows and signature fees alone begin around $25 and go as high as $75 in some cases.

Last call for CHILLER THEATRE-----need all items in hand one week from today.

Talking with Triston Pence who is pretty on top of these things----as I understand it, this is Meatloaf's first public signing appearance.

Alice Cooper----I think it's been seven years since we've seen him at a show.

Great ops here to get Rocky Horror comics signed by the cast.

Okay---so the Chiller signings went very well---I was VERY impressed with how fast the lines moved on Friday.

Not so much on Saturday.

Line for Meatloaf on Friday---about an hour.

On Saturday---3 hours +

Line for Alice Cooper on Friday wasn't terrible----but on Saturday it was worse.

Weird Al line was a breeze. NO LINE.

On Friday.

On Saturday, good luck.

And on Saturday, good luck getting into the mail celebrity room, the line just to get in was 2+ hours easy.

Patricia Quinn, a wet hot mess. I couldn't tell if that was her "bit" or she was just drunk or what was going on, but she's VERY animated. And 1974 Quinn vs 2016 Quinn----- :whatthe:

Monkees line for Peter Tork & Dolenz----very quick. Too bad I didn't have anything for them :sorry:

That being said, I really kind of feel like a lot of people may have slept through an opportunity.

Several people confirmed that this was the first public Meatloaf signing / appearance since the 1990s when he did a book tour. And that apparently he's retiring this year. He's got a final album coming out this year and possibly a tour and that's it. Adios.

Less than 10 books were done for Meatloaf. Two are in black hole private collections, I can say that because I know the boardies who sent them to me, and they rarely sell books.

Here are my three-----I completely forgot that Meatloaf played Bithc T iT Bob in Fight Club!

I had to dig these out and crack them---they were 9.8 s/s Cameron Stewart and one even had Chuck Palahniuck and I almost forgot I had that one.

fight1.jpg

fight2.jpg

fight3.jpg

Alice Cooper was awesome. Line moved at a healthy pace, he chatted with everyone and shook hands and seemed to really enjoy himself. He commented on the MP 50 books, and said he'll always love Stan Lee because Stan gave him abs in the comic lol

Big thanks all the way around to everyone who partook in this event.

My witness probably had more fun than I did!

cooper.jpg