• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PIF POLL

PIF  

336 members have voted

1. 1. PIF

48 posts in this topic

I read this as pie poll, a much better topic tbh.

Man now I want a slice of pie

Squat Cobbler

Wow - 100 people voted on a thread maybe 10 people participated in last year. Didn't know so many people cared.

As someone else has said, people may not have participated but they sure read it. Also, how many unsavory people joined the boards after seeing it hoping to score a sweet offer? They usually were found out pretty quickly. I know there are a few people that only post in that thread, no where else. I wonder if they will simply disappear now? If so, there are a few people I hope they take with them. (not you 1cool)

You know when you drive by a bad car accident on the side of the road or see news about a train wreck and people can't help but to watch...

:whistle:

This comparision is a bit disturbing. I never remain on the site of an incident, unless I am sure I can be of help and not a hindrance.

You know when you drive by a bad car accident on the side of the road or see news about a train wreck and people can't help but to watch...

:whistle:

This comparision is a bit disturbing. I never remain on the site of an incident, unless I am sure I can be of help and not a hindrance.

It's not about staying there, it's about rubbernecking because the accident catches your attention.

I think he was trying to use the statement to characterize me as a disturbed person. I didn't want to argue. (shrug):D

Not at all. Also keep in mind english IS NOT my language: I miss a good 50% of all of your subtleties, and I can even express myself in a pretty much imprecise way.

You always give so much for granted… What is "rubbernecking"?

BTW, aside from this, what prompted you to make a connection between the adjective "disturbing" and the noun "disturbed"? I did not even think for a minute about the noun when I used the adjective, I was just commenting on the setup of the scene you described.

I think he was trying to use the statement to characterize me as a disturbed person. I didn't want to argue. (shrug):D

Not at all. Also keep in mind english IS NOT my language: I miss a good 50% of all of your subtleties, and I can even express myself in a pretty much imprecise way.

You always give so much for granted… What is "rubbernecking"?

Its when you wear a rubber on your neck