• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling on Amazon vs. eBay?

27 posts in this topic

Stuff on Amazon just flies!

The downside to Amazon is the returns, even if you fulfill the order yourself (merchant fulfillment) and someone decides to open the slab of a $1500 comic book, reads the comic, then decides "nah, I don't want this" Amazon will accept the return and you have zero say about it, not only that, Amazon will refund the buyer before you even get the book back. Amazon is the one who pays you every 2 weeks, and they will take the money back out of your account and emailed you the following "Sellersupport@ "We have initiated a refund an order to the buyer" and you'll see -$1500.00 on your seller account. So you'd be left with a $1500 comic you can't sell and $1500 poorer with Amazon telling "Sorry, that's just the cost of doing business"

With eBay, there is none of that, cause you don't have to accept returns.

Amazon is real simple though...Anything with a bar code, sell it on Amazon.

Anything that is collectible, sell it on ebay.

Have you ever seen this actually happen?

Also, it doesn't matter whether you accept returns on eBay or not - any item can be returned.

Also, it doesn't matter whether you accept returns on eBay or not - any item can be returned.

True. In fact, eBay is trying to move sellersinto not just accepting returns, but pushing that window out to a full 30 days (from 14 days).

The downside to Amazon is the returns, even if you fulfill the order yourself (merchant fulfillment) and someone decides to open the slab of a $1500 comic book, reads the comic, then decides "nah, I don't want this" Amazon will accept the return and you have zero say about it, not only that, Amazon will refund the buyer before you even get the book back. Amazon is the one who pays you every 2 weeks, and they will take the money back out of your account and emailed you the following "Sellersupport@ "We have initiated a refund an order to the buyer" and you'll see -$1500.00 on your seller account. So you'd be left with a $1500 comic you can't sell and $1500 poorer with Amazon telling "Sorry, that's just the cost of doing business"

Of course I've seen it happen, I do Amazon FBA and no not any item can be returned on ebay. I've spoken to ebay about this

Of course I've seen it happen, I do Amazon FBA and no not any item can be returned on ebay. I've spoken to ebay about this

Maybe not EVERY item on eBay, but I know personally that comics can. I used to not "accept returns" and still eBay let a buyer return a book. So now I always put that returns are accepted.

I listed something on Amazon due to reading this thread. I listed it at the cheapest price on Amazon. Let's see what happens.