• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Bats 221....a tough one

17 posts in this topic

I was pretty excited when I picked up this book off eBay for $13. It is a real bear to find in nice grade and I thought my copy was a solid VF (due to the 1 1/2" BC crease). Upon closer inspection, there are tiny water droplets that run from Batman's left had to the edge of the cover, in about a 1" band. They are impossible to see in the scan, but they are there if you hold the book titled up to the light. Obviously this kills the grade, I just want to know how far. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Image Hosted by imagehosting.us

Image Hosted by imagehosting.us

yeah, it is definitely a very tough one to grade, but with the colors, and the way the pages look from the scan, i will stick by that grade, and upon seeing it in person only then could it be updated, but thank you for sharing your books with us smile.gif blah i need to pop for a scanner.

does it affect all pages?

No, the water drops are only visible on the front cover, on the outside and inside, but only if it is tilted in the light. I really have no idea what to give this. The front cover is 9.4 in appearance, but the BC crease and drops? I just don't know.

OF, your economy shopping continues to amaze me.

27_laughing.gif Thanks. A non-demanding school schedule and a limited budget make for some creative shopping. I have had good luck on eBay recently, yesterday I got in HOM 189 and Witching Hour 13, both in VF/VF+ for a total of $11 shipped. I was happy. grin.gif

well, based on the fact that you can't see the droplet stains without tilting the book, the impact may only be a full point or so. i'm thinking this book could still score in the 7.5 range.

i think Divad is insane insane.gif with his 9.2, as i've just come to the conclusion that the "new" CGC misses nothing. frown.gif

well, based on the fact that you can't see the droplet stains without tilting the book, the impact may only be a full point or so. i'm thinking this book could still score in the 7.5 range.

i think Divad is insane insane.gif with his 9.2, as i've just come to the conclusion that the "new" CGC misses nothing. frown.gif

Who's to say Newt didn't drool on it in pre-grading? 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif