• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #5

15 posts in this topic

7.5 - spider creasing ULFC

color breaking wear at top staple FC

color smudge right edge FC between Dooms arm and right edge(not too obtrusive but significant enough to detract from grade)

color breaking wear RFC edge by dooms left foot(possible small tear or pre-chip)

light edge wear bottom FC

Small tear bottm spine BC

couple smaller tears along adges BC

spine ticks BC

Final grade CGC 6.5. I think the book got hammered for the top staple wear, top spine wear, bottom spine wear, and back cover bottom wear. mar-vell also keenly observed the right edge finger smudge and slight right edge wear, which would have also affected the grade. There is no marvel chipping or pre-chipping on the book. Based on the defects, do most people feel this is a solid CGC 6.5?

spidey%205%20front%20cover101.jpg

spidey%205%202099.jpg

I thought 7.0 was as low as it could go but felt pretty good calling it a 7.5. It got hammered for the smudging on FC as I knew it would keep it well out of the upper tier of grades but it was probably just the accumulation of small defects that drove it all the way down to 6.5.