• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED AND DONE THANKS! A Ton of Cool Stuff from the Junk Pile! With Freebies!

113 posts in this topic

will claim it if still available. Thanks.

How 'bout annother freebee! Since it's Sunday how about Bible Tales for young Folks #4? It's got some cool art by Jerry Robinson, Gene Colan and Reinman and is supposedly scarce.

Cover detached from book and a little chippy at spine. Low grade but FREE to the next purchaser of a book that claims it!

freebibletales_zpsfl7fnqbw.jpg

Gonna take a little break. Feel free to pop a cold one and persurse what I've listed so far!
banana031.gif

will claim it if still available. Thanks.

How 'bout annother freebee! Since it's Sunday how about Bible Tales for young Folks #4? It's got some cool art by Jerry Robinson, Gene Colan and Reinman and is supposedly scarce.

Cover detached from book and a little chippy at spine. Low grade but FREE to the next purchaser of a book that claims it!

freebibletales_zpsfl7fnqbw.jpg

It's all yours Norrin's!

Sorry for the interuption. My little grand daughter stopped by un-announced. Some things take presidence over funny books...

Oh, Oh, what you you gonna do now? I see Retro has finally woken up and is listing more books... Well, gotta switch back and forth because I'm only about 2/3rds done.

Justice #41 Nov 1953 Classic Electric Chair cover. Has Tuska and Robinson stories as well. $22.00

Covers are nearly detached. Some small pieces missing from spine area. Back cover has a few pieces missing and some insect damage. Centerfold still attached well and has nice white interior pages.

comjustice41a_zpsccs1mrqm.jpg

comjustice41b_zpsi35etywu.jpg

SOLD to a discriminating buyer in the know...

And now for something completely different. I'll bet no one has ever listed one of these! $125.00 + $15. postage

ROBOT "Robert the Robot". Made by Ideal Toys in 1955. Cool, large, plastic Robot. Classic robot with "blank stare" expression. Complete with Controller, Lighting Bulb plus Connector, Voice Crank and Original Box. Not working but if he did the features include: Robot rolls forward and turns, Light up bulb & connector work well but need to be re-attached inside the body. Also has a hand crank to make him talk. He does barely talk well but you have to listen closely to what he says. Holds objects in his hands. Robert is clean, and bright, with no cracks or chips to body. His head has half of the interior flange broken so his head comes off easily. Head has no other breaks and sits straight and square to body. Controller is nice and complete with working functions. Nice, bright and clean. Original Box is worn and has a few flaps torn off but included. Has a sticker from Ideal Toys about a Thanksgiving Parade at Macys. A classic Robot Toy!

robertrobot1_zpsj2nwp3n7.jpg

robertrobot2_zpsbmr7dr7f.jpg

robertrobot3_zps8cbvmkha.jpg

robertrobot4_zpsw0xywmsu.jpg

Pulp time again...

Famous Fantastic Mysteries Aug 1940. Features a beautiful Finlay cover. He didn't do too many covers usually just interior illos so this is a bit of a treat. $30.00

Bright, clean and nice with full paper spine. Has some minor edge tears and has an overall light water wrinkle. Had been damp at some time.Back cover shows most of water stain as well as some bug damage on edge. Interior paper is tanning but nice and supple.

pulpfantasticmysteries1_zpsgktth0oc.jpg

pulpfantasticmysteries2_zpsviwriprx.jpg

pulpfantasticmysteries3_zpsp1abx3f1.jpg

If no one else has I will take it.

uote=Robot Man]Crime Reporter #2 1948 Classic Matt Baker cover and used in Seduction of the Innocent. An illustration of the girl with spread legs and a red hot poker!

Sadly, this is a tragic mess... Torn, dirty, split, chippy with tears, creases, rounded corners, tape and pieces missing. Fragile and just plain poor. I had this copy a long time before I upgraded to a nice one. This is for the Baker collector that just needs a hole filler like I did. One of my favorite Baker covers and great content. $45.00

comcrimereporter2a_zps14gv3ejz.jpg

comcrimereporter2b_zpso36djmie.jpg :takeit: :takeit:

SOLD!

Dark Mysteries #4 Jan 1952. Great corpse cover. Love the Bright green background. This is a great title and doesn't turn up often. $60.00

A bright, clean, flat copy. Has some magic tape on spine about 2-1/2" long at top and about 1" at bottom. A couple of neat magic tape repairs inside covers as well. Has a long, thin "subscription" crease down center that does not break much color. A couple small mended from the inside tears on edges. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is pretty white and very supple.

comdarkmysteries4a_zpshyzqbzgl.jpg

comdarkmysteries4b_zpsyvdiur0g.jpg

SOLD!

Here's a CLASSIC!

Capt. Marvel Jr. #115 Famous "eye popping" cover! Why Wertham didn't see this is beyond me! $100.00

Has some light overall creases and minor spine wear. Tiny 1/8" chip out of bottom of cover. No tears or pieces missing. Inks are bright. Cover and centerfold still well attached to book. Interior paper is a little yellowed but supple and nice.

comcaptmarveljr115a_zpsbkqnout1.jpg

comcaptmarveljr115b_zpsyog0auh1.jpg

Dark Mysteries #4 Jan 1952. Great corpse cover. Love the Bright green background. This is a great title and doesn't turn up often. $60.00

A bright, clean, flat copy. Has some magic tape on spine about 2-1/2" long at top and about 1" at bottom. A couple of neat magic tape repairs inside covers as well. Has a long, thin "subscription" crease down center that does not break much color. A couple small mended from the inside tears on edges. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Interior paper is pretty white and very supple.

I'll take it

SOLD!

Annother Classic cover coming up!

United States Marines #3 1944 Awsome/Classic Tojo Flamethrower cover! This is war propaganda at it's finest! Half comics and half photos. Brutal book with just wild content! $100.00

Slightly oversized as printed. Has a tiny chip out of top right corner. Bottom staple pulled and top is barely attached. Has a long, thin "subscription" fold down center. Back cover has a dark stain along about 1/2 the edge. Goes into book but gets much smaller as it goes. Minor spine wear. Just general wear. Centerfold well attached.Interior paper is yellowed but supple. It wouldn't be for sale if I didn't have a better one!

comusmarines3a_zpsxya5zikd.jpg

comusmarines3b_zpsx0vuoqgv.jpg

I'll take it

You got it Shrevvy, Thanks!

Here's a CLASSIC!

Capt. Marvel Jr. #115 Famous "eye popping" cover! Why Wertham didn't see this is beyond me! $100.00

Has some light overall creases and minor spine wear. Tiny 1/8" chip out of bottom of cover. No tears or pieces missing. Inks are bright. Cover and centerfold still well attached to book. Interior paper is a little yellowed but supple and nice.

I'll take it. So cool!

Here's another different item!

SKY KING 1949 “Electronic Television” Ring with 3 of 4 original pretty faded pictures of Clipper, Jim & Penny. VERY hard to find the pictures. Peter Pan Peaunt Butter mail away premium. Very nice condition. WAS $65.00 + $3.50 postage. NOW $55.00

skytvring1_zpsaxrbtfin.jpg

skytvring2_zps6kkilfhf.jpg

Here's a CLASSIC!

I'll take it. So cool!

Sold to Spideyfein Thanks!

SOLD!

Since the other one did so well, how about another?

Suzie #53 Spring 1946 Early issue. Usual great MLJ girl art and humor! $25.00

A nice, tight, bright copy. Has original owner's name neatly at top. Smooth, tight spine. No major tears or creases. BUT it is missing a coupon out of the back cover. I guess someone wanted to be Charles Atlas...

comsuzie53a_zpsnfjsg0eq.jpg

comsuzie53b_zpsuj4cgz6i.jpg