• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Big Apple Con Lunch Thread - Sat 4/2

41 posts in this topic

you guys should just go to Charlie O's or Joe O's or whatever its called that's attached to the New Yorker hotel. It's close, generally fast seating and it's a good time. Outside chance I'll stop by if you guys go there, but likely not.

Carbonaro's idea for a 3 day show is dumb.

Charging dealers more to set up is a rip off, and charging people $15 to get in is obscene.

I'm going, but this is the last big apple I am attending until November's National, and if I run into Mike and have a chance to talk to him, I want to bring this up to him. It really is absurd.

Hence, I would have been apathetic for lunch even if I could go -- the whole $15 a day thing just steams me on principle.

Satuday is coming along fast! Where's lunch gonna be? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm biased towards the ESPN Zone! Let's meet at 11:30am at ACTOR and head to ESPNZone for a noon lunch. Who's with me!

I have:

Me

Mr. Woo

Stynxno

Dano

Bleeker Bob

Dmac

The Blob

DNAgent

Red Hook

let's try to get the list final by EOD tomorrow and I will call it in first thing on Wednesday,

this looks to be a good lunch!

DAM

I'm biased towards the ESPN Zone! Let's meet at 11:30am at ACTOR and head to ESPNZone for a noon lunch. Who's with me!

I have:

Me

Mr. Woo

Stynxno

Dano

Bleeker Bob

Dmac

The Blob

DNAgent

Red Hook

let's try to get the list final by EOD tomorrow and I will call it in first thing on Wednesday,

DAM

Count me in.

Best,

I have:

Me

Mr. Woo

Stynxno

Dano

Bleeker Bob

Dmac

The Blob

DNAgent

Red Hook

DAM

mmmmm, mini-burger appetizer. Like sliders, only they taste good. (that should be a slogan!)

hi,

i can go...this is the last time on a computer until monday for me...

i will have 2 large posters of House of Mystery#236 and House of Secrets#96 at my booth/tables...i have long hair...funny looking...skinny...lots of horror/mystery comics...my name is ryan...

stop by and say hi!!!

and let me know the final news about lunch, pretty please!!!

well, the Blob was right afterall.

expecting HEAVY rain beginning this afternoon and continuing thru saturday. but like DMAC said, we made it thru a major snow storm last time.

won't be in attendance, as i'm off to see the EAGLES tonight in the Meadowlands and then am hosting my 25 th anniversary Final Four party tomorrow. (lots of my homemade Chili & Pea Soup, plus a ton of beers and wines........and if the B=Ball is half as good as last weekend i'll be happy... cloud9.gif

Lunch sounds good at ESPN Zone.

Dave will (hopefully) be getting Roy Thomas to autograph my copy of Alter Ego #4.

ENJOY...............................Harry.

I'm torn.

I HATE dragging books through the rain.

I'm going to play it by ear. I have to work tomorrow anyway, so maybe ducking out of the office for 3-4 hours is doable.

I'm going to have to limit myself to no more than 2 long boxes of purchases if I come though.

I won't be doing lunch with y'all (maybe June or whenever the next one is), but I will be the incredibly handsome fellow with a big gut ("a great looking fat guy" as my wife likes to say, after she pokes me in the belly) dragging books around. You will probably see my large posterior sticking out from under the tables where I will be rummaging through 25 cent books to find those choice issues of Marvel Two-in-One. Please do not kick it while you pass by.

Okay, so just called the ESPNZone and they don't take reservations! tongue.gif

Let's try and get together at 11:30am at the ACTOR table and then we can head over (or if it's torrential come over to Charlie O's)

I'll be at the ACTOR table as soon as the show opens so for those of you who I haven't met, I'm looking forward to putting a face to a name smile.gif