• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament---PRIZE THREAD---

233 posts in this topic

This here will be the Official prize thread for BlowUpTheMoon's " 2016 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament ."

Let's get some nice prizes donated, folks.

This contest is a heck of a lot of fun and enjoyed by over 100 boardies every year.

The prizes don't just magically appear, so we need people to step up and show a bit of generosity.

For the folks that do donate, you are also responsible for covering the shipping costs. Some people will say "shipping is on me, worldwide" and others will say "shipped for free within the US." Others may offer to pay a portion of the international shipping. If you do not stipulate any shipping restrictions, it will be understood that you'll cover the shipping to anywhere.

I'm going to donate a few things, for sure. Hopefully, I'll have them decided, pictured, uploaded, and posted at some point tomorrow. (thumbs u

Thanks in advance, guys and girls, and thanks to Blowie for running the show!! (worship)

Some of the prizes being given away for this contest are just phenomenal, but I am just a humble collector. A poor one, so here are my offerings, you can choose from TWO of the following prizes...shipping anywhere in North America on me. Overseas will work something out

Aliens DVD's, comes with secret surprise

20160314_161710_zpspvg5euey.jpg

X-men DVD's, comes with secret surprise

20160314_161642_zps9htzi1st.jpg

Blade Trilogy DVD set

20160314_161523_zps74jru4cr.jpg

20160314_161530_zps6tnk6ux7.jpg

Predator DVD's

20160314_161615_zpsqdodsgua.jpg

Owned these for several years, still work.

Here is my donation to the prize pool:

EC Frontline Combat #5, even comes in a nice mylar bag!!

Shipped on my dime to anywhere in the world

Frontline5_zpsfckzruhp.jpeg

Good luck to all in your grading.

Warmest Regards,

Jason

Here's my first donation...I'll plan on rustling up some other books/prizes...

FANTASTIC FOUR 65 CGC AUG 1967

“I ACCUSE!” 1ST appearance RONAN THE ACCUSER. (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby and Joe Sinnott cover/artwork.

Somewhere around a VG+ to VG/FN. Overhang chatter/wear at top edge…small creasing at bottom right corner…color-breaking stress line at top spine/logo…minimal spine wear and a few random creases on front cover. Back cover is in decent shape with some transverse rack stresses along spine…some discoloration/foxing around perimeter margins and a slight overhang at top corresponding with the front cover…1/4-inch transverse tear at outer center cover. Decent overall structure…book is slightly mis-wrapped with white along the spine…book lays flat…perfectly centered staples are tight…centerfold is detached at bottom staple. Inside covers are lightly tanned. Interior off-white pages are in excellent overall shape…book is COMPLETE!

FF_65_FC_zpsvo1jfao2.jpg

FF_65_BC_zpsetimuoij.jpg

I'm throwing in a brand new, unopened sphero BB-8. I'll ship to anyone in USA. I'll split cost of shipping overseas. Good luck everyone!

Could you post a pic of what these look like, please? I'm very curious.

I'm throwing in a brand new, unopened sphero BB-8. I'll ship to anyone in USA. I'll split cost of shipping overseas. Good luck everyone!

0851897003755_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

This is it in action (not the one I am donating, that one is still sealed in box)

bb8sphero.gif

0851897003755_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg

This is it in action (not the one I am donating, that one is still sealed in box)

bb8sphero.gif

Wow, I thought it was a cute little toy and thought I'd get it for a boy my wife is a Nanny for. Then I saw the price. I think I'll let his parents pick that up for him. lol

Very nice prize.

Mystery box, with a little less mystery. These will be in the box with whatever else I can find to put in. Shipping in US only :sorry:

[*]COMICS201_zpscmjzivdv.jpg

[*]COMICS202_zps5iavqfln.jpg

My donation for this year's contest is a Walking Dead #100 Chromium Variant. It's the 1st appearance of Negan and without giving too much away business certainly appears to be picking up in the comic. It looks no worse than NM. Shipping on me worldwide. Good luck to all.

161032.jpg.f3b259b46d18dfbe35bfb7adb1301f72.jpg