• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For you guys that send in comics to get pre-screened

9 posts in this topic

For all you people out there who regularly send in books to CGC to get pre-screened--

Would you consider having someone ship you some books to get pre-screened along with yours, if they can't make the 50-minimum comics required?

(Of course, they would pay for their own books tongue.gif )

Although I have more than 50 moderns I'd like send in for pre-screening at 9.8, doing it all at once would be a bit costly for me. (I guess if they all passed the pre-screen the charge would be $750 + shipping? yikes!)

Doing 10 at a time would be much easier on my wallet.

Would any of you regular pre-screeners want to do this? angel.gif

I'm sure you already know this, but in case someone is wondering...

That catch is you need to find someone else willing to pre-grade at 9.8--as they will only accept one grade per pre-grade invoice. You can split it up with different grades if there's at least 50 in each pre-grade however.

PM sent!

I've split it before, but the catch is having someone you trust received the end product, especially if you are sending in the same books. for instance, I'd go in with a guy who did not slab moderns, so I know every Modern that came back was mine. But make sure you work out ground rules beforehand. Unless it is someone you trust completely, you may be in for a big headache later down the road.

I've split it before, but the catch is having someone you trust received the end product, especially if you are sending in the same books. for instance, I'd go in with a guy who did not slab moderns, so I know every Modern that came back was mine. But make sure you work out ground rules beforehand. Unless it is someone you trust completely, you may be in for a big headache later down the road.

You could just write your name on them all before you submit them. insane.gif

Imagine a future world where the "Darth Diesel " pedigree exists..... insane.gif

Alas I've bought from ebay and forumites far too often to have a pure off the shelf pedigree; not that moderns qualify for pedigree status anyway but

if I wanted to slab about 5000 moderns all at once ($60K plus shipping insane.gif ), you could see a "From the collection of DarthDiesel" label 893applaud-thumb.gif