• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally! A member of the "Giant Size X-men 1" club...again

14 posts in this topic

Congrats !

My favourite Bronze Age comic book.

I know the feeling very well. I went many years without a copy.

Sold off most of my collection back in 2003 and one of them was a CGC 8.5 Giant Size X-men 1. After 13 years finally got a decent copy back in my collection.

Yep, I remember buying that book off the spinner rack at 7-11 and thinking hiw awesome it was when I read it. Fueled my passion for X-Men and Giant-Size books.

Sold off most of my collection back in 2003 and one of them was a CGC 8.5 Giant Size X-men 1. After 13 years finally got a decent copy back in my collection.

Yep, I remember buying that book off the spinner rack at 7-11 and thinking hiw awesome it was when I read it. Fueled my passion for X-Men and Giant-Size books.

:applause: i wish i bought the new x-men off the rack. Sadly i started collecting just as Miller was finishing up his run on DD. Just missed two of the greatest runs in comics. Must have been sweet watching the story unfold and slowly get better over a period of years.

:applause: i wish i bought the new x-men off the rack. Sadly i started collecting just as Miller was finishing up his run on DD. Just missed two of the greatest runs in comics. Must have been sweet watching the story unfold and slowly get better over a period of years.

It was. Sadly, GS XM 1 and X-Men 94, 95 weren't distributed to the UK and so I didn't have an opportunity to pick them up new. First 'off the rack' issue for me was 97, possibly noticing it because one of my favourite characters, Havok, was on the cover.

I honestly thought I was gonna get back something closer to 8.5 but the recent batch of books I got back all seem to be more strict on grading. I had X-men 100 that was a 9.2 that I carefully cracked and prepped for Chris Claremont to sign and that came back a 8.0, my X-men 101 the same thing, it was a 8.0 and It came back a 7.0....oh well.

I honestly thought I was gonna get back something closer to 8.5 but the recent batch of books I got back all seem to be more strict on grading. I had X-men 100 that was a 9.2 that I carefully cracked and prepped for Chris Claremont to sign and that came back a 8.0, my X-men 101 the same thing, it was a 8.0 and It came back a 7.0....oh well.

Sorry to hear that. I would be disappointed too. I won't be cracking nothing open ever. Grading comics is so subjective and opinions change from person to person.