• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luke Cage #1

10 posts in this topic

Having some disagreement with a potential buyer about the general grade of this book. This book, and many others I bought in the mid-70's when they were new, have small holes in the bottom of some interior pages. These are "former" holes caused by the machinery that handles the pages during printing. They are very common in mid 70s books but I can't find any info on how it affects the grade. These holes are shown in the final picture.

25188249743_1a11bc5e7a_c.jpg

25719756771_9a50f31433_c.jpg

25814850545_13c7201b84_c.jpg

25184347434_ba336fc354_c.jpg

Looks like there is a spine roll and the interior "holes" are definitely production and do not impact grade.

Heck, some comics have those pulls on the front and/or back cover and still come back 9.8 (using CGC grading; YMMV).

And I'd buy that copy for a dollar.

To avoid any confusion the buyer mentioned in my initial post is ottobord who also posted this book for input. I didn't realize that. So no need to waste any of your time since folks have already commented on the book. I was just curious as to whether the holes would affect the grade. The answer seems to be no.

To avoid any confusion the buyer mentioned in my initial post is ottobord who also posted this book for input. I didn't realize that. So no need to waste any of your time since folks have already commented on the book. I was just curious as to whether the holes would affect the grade. The answer seems to be no.

Totally agree with "no." Those holes are from production and quite common for the time.