• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indiana Jones 2019

34 posts in this topic

5 Ancient Artifacts Indy Could Search For In Indiana Jones 5

The Tower of Babel

The Knife of Cain

The Golden Fleece

The Labyrinth of the Minotaur

The Lost City of Atlantis

I was going to say The Golden Fleece. But finding Atlantis could be a really cool movie.

Too many water scenes for Atlantis now with Fords seventy year old body.

:sick:

However, I like the idea of Chris Pratt as a new Indy. Can't think of anyone better right now.

It's also difficult to see how you'd transition from Ford to Pratt in any satisfying way. Lucas' idea of doing that by making Shia LaBeouf Indy's son was dumb. And what, if the next one had been Shia only, it would have been "Mutt Williams and the Macguffin of Ancient Origin"? No thanks. :eek: Since they gave such a specific origin of Indy's name--it was the name of his dog--there's no good way that occurs to me of transferring that name on to another younger person. And even if they did, Pratt is almost forty years younger than Ford...who would the villain be at that point, the Russians again? Lame.

Better to just reboot it with Nazis and a new Indy.

Years ago a fan had posted an idea where Ford falls into the Founatin of Youth and Leo came out of the water as the younger Indy. I actually thought that was a pretty neat idea. This was prior to Crystal Skull...and after seeing that I felt it was an even better idea. However, I do prefer Indy to take place in the 30's or 40's.

5 Ancient Artifacts Indy Could Search For In Indiana Jones 5

The Tower of Babel

The Knife of Cain

The Golden Fleece

The Labyrinth of the Minotaur

The Lost City of Atlantis

I was going to say The Golden Fleece. But finding Atlantis could be a really cool movie.

Too many water scenes for Atlantis now with Fords seventy year old body.

:sick:

Garden of Eden (biblically guarded by Angels at the four points of the wind)... good spot to transition to a younger Indy as well.

hm Maybe a "pre-credit sequence" with an older and wiser Short Round (I haven't seen him in anything since The Rundown), to better way to show continuity and age that could be done, or running into Kate Capshaw on a city sidewalk while walking with Karen Allen (I think that was suggested decades ago). Just basically anything to give to the fans of the character to make it easier to swallow as he's getting along in age.

I can't see retreading with Nazis. I hate those guys like everyone else, but with how half- assedly Paramount/Disney handled them in the original Captain America for maybe internation profit margin reasons, I'm sure it would be done too politically correct anyway.

Like Stallone's Rocky, Indiana Jones was a signature role for Ford. Unlike Bond, Jack Ryan, Batman or Mad Max, I can't see him being replaced as easily. Chris Pratt would have been the #1 choice, but as an esteemed boardie pointed out (too many franchises). It doesn't seem to work for Jai Courtey (Die Hard, Divergent, Terminator, etc) afterall. To this day, I believe they would have never replaced Christopher Reeve, if he didn't have that horse accident and if they continued the movies in the 90's.

I was six when the original Raiders came out. Now, I'm 40. Sometimes, you don't mind growing older with a childhood hero. When they get replaced with someone younger, it gives you a Hollywood lesson in your own mortality as well, that you didn't ask for.

My 2c

-OPEN-

Indy (Harrison Ford) sits in a 1970s era old folks home painfully bored, looking around at the truly infirm. An orderly walks by and asks "What's wrong Henry?"

Indy hangs head and halfway through a huge sigh, hears someone use the name Indiana, which he hasn't heard in decades. The nurse at the counter points to Indy.

Over walks a young woman.

"Mr. Jones?"

Indy nods, but with a suspicious look on his face.

"Oh, this is great! My name is Miss Soandso with the Star Ledger. I've been assigned to a story, and in doing my research your name came up several times. I've been looking for you for weeks, and I was told by one source that you might be deceased by now. I'm so glad to see you are still with us."

Indy grunts, clearly not so sure he agrees. Still suspicious.

Reporter continues on to explain about something current in the news that dovetails into something from the early 30s.

Flashback ensues and enter Chris Pratt as young era Indy in the midst of some clumsy but exciting adventure, and ready to reboot the franchise. 3rd one glass ceiling be damned!

Reporter continues on to explain about something current in the news that dovetails into something from the early 30s.

Flashback ensues and enter Chris Pratt as young era Indy in the midst of some clumsy but exciting adventure, and ready to reboot the franchise. 3rd one glass ceiling be damned!

Any explanation for why he looks so different from Harrison Ford from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom that was set in 1935? :ohnoez:

meh...actually I guess you could just do Indy like they do James Bond, swap in new actors and set the film at whatever point in the timeline of the character they feel like without any explanation at all. That's easier than inventing some explanation that nobody ends up thinking much of anyway. (shrug)

tumblr_n6c6ajPKcB1qfb2eyo2_1280.jpg618_348_chris-pratt-oscar-style-lessons.jpg

Well that's a big of course. I'm all for a Fordless Indy film IF the story is good. They shouldn't do any if it sucks. But if somebody wants Ford in it or its a case of he's a part of the deal or nothing... I think it's a great way to bring in both.

As for Pratt not looking exactly like Ford did in the old movies, that comparison's no more relevant than it would be to a new actor fronting the series in any capacity. Nobody's going to be a Ford look alike in any movie.

But for my $ Pratt's pretty damn close, and has the swagger, comedic timing and mannerisms to sell it.

412305831.jpg

And here I've invested no money and about 15 minutes thinking about it. Think of what people could do if they actually did both, and had a great -script to boot. I'd much rather that then say, the digital replacement thingy like they did with Bridges in Tron, for instance. Or sheesh... the look of Evans in the first Cap movie. I know people love that one, I can't even look at it without laughing.

:)

But for my $ Pratt's pretty damn close, and has the swagger, comedic timing and mannerisms to sell it.

He's got more swagger and comedic timing than Ford ever did. More athleticism too. That's why he'd make an even better Indy. I hope Disney figures this out, but so far it sounds like they haven't! :taptaptap:

He's got more swagger and comedic timing than Ford ever did. More athleticism too. That's why he'd make an even better Indy. I hope Disney figures this out, but so far it sounds like they haven't! :taptaptap:

Actually, I'd have to agree with this. As much as I really liked Harrison Ford's performances.