• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone been to Aw Yeah Comics shop?

17 posts in this topic

I noticed last weekend that they opened a shop by me. I haven't gone in yet but was wondering if anyone here as gone to one of their shops. What is it like? From the pictures it looks like mainly a bookstore but I am wondering if they carry back issues, etc.

I've been to the one in Skokie, IL numerous times. It used to be a great shop. But then I think one of the owners moved away. Store stopped buying collections and filling up their back issue bins. Now its a glorified newsstand with all remaining back issues sitting for a buck apiece as they get ruined sitting in filing cabinets.

Thanks for the reply. It's owned by the comic creators Aw Yeah. Art Bazar and Franco (last name escapes me). They also did Tiny Titans. I didn't know they were expanding until I searched for comic shops last weekend. I wanted to make sure that the shop in Connecticut was still around before taking the trip. The pictures of the store look like bookstore type. I have a "comic" shop by me but they truly are a bookstore and don't sell any comics.

The one in the Chicago suburbs is owned by writers and aristsr Art Baltazar and Franco. Great guys. Really like the store here. They do regular sales and promotions and stock lots of licensed merchandise. They've never been much of a deep back issue shop.

Ok. I was hoping for a back issue type place. The ones by me are lacking even for common 90's stuff.

@pbk78 Timeless Journey is the shop I went to on Saturday. I haven't been to him in ages and thankfully looked up the store before heading out. They moved around the corner. I frequented that shop quite often when I was collecting more. He used to have a great back issue section but now in the smaller location, it looks like only moderns are out. That was fine for this trip as I was only looking for some 90's drek. The small section for wall books were only Marvels so thing of real interest to me.

But I plan on taking a quick run to Aw Yeah. I think it is only 15 minutes away from me. I will post back how the store is.

Ok. I was hoping for a back issue type place. The ones by me are lacking even for common 90's stuff.

@pbk78 Timeless Journey is the shop I went to on Saturday. I haven't been to him in ages and thankfully looked up the store before heading out. They moved around the corner. I frequented that shop quite often when I was collecting more. He used to have a great back issue section but now in the smaller location, it looks like only moderns are out. That was fine for this trip as I was only looking for some 90's drek. The small section for wall books were only Marvels so thing of real interest to me.

But I plan on taking a quick run to Aw Yeah. I think it is only 15 minutes away from me. I will post back how the store is.

Please do. Have been itching to see that place. I like Timeless but wish he had some more space so I can stretch out. Tough to check out the boxes if people are around. The owner is a salt of the earth type guy.

The forum should have a sticky of comic stores were members could post photo's of the stores interior. Between the members here we could cover the World, now that would be exciting.

I had this same thought the other day. I would love to see the interior of stores throughout the country/world.

Aw Yeah Comics in Muncie IN is a great comic store.....lots of stuff....new comics, graphic novels, back issues, toys, discount comics and more. If you are in the neighborhood put it on your list of shops to stop at!

A few pics....

IMG_4218_zpsxiio36cz.jpg

IMG_4613_zpsvz6cgkmi.jpg

20160322_124201_zpsye6ejra2.jpg

IMG_8358_zpsywyaxwbm.jpg

IMG_1515_zpsn37ervmk.jpg

IMG_9343_zpsbmenpr7i.jpg

I finally was able to SUCCESSFULLY make the trek. Standstill traffic made this trek a no-go two weekends in a row but I guess three times is the charm. Seriously, this shop is literally 10 miles away from me and one of the longest drives. I rather actually drive to CT which is about 30 miles away. :)

I didn't take pictures of the interior because, well awkward. But can walk you through what is posted on Google

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x89c29119b93bf613%3A0xb48ce9d2f6ece8fb!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i100!3m1!7e115!4s%2F%2Fplus.google.com%2Fphotos%2Fphoto%2F103494929253206783019%2F6257939846403816898!5saw%20yeah%20comics%20ny%20harrison%2c%20ny%20-%20Google%20Search&imagekey=!1e3!2s-p9vO0QqC5jE%2FVtirImKpfcI%2FAAAAAAAAABM%2FtfyANTnT9FY&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWi5zbkafMAhUIPT4KHREgCm0QoioIbjAK

The store is very clean and opened which is great. When you first walk in there are two small book cases suitable for kids. The first comic shelves are filled with Tiny titans and Aw Yeah comics. Of course they don't have issue 4 of Tiny Titans which I need. That is to the right of the picture and not shown.

To the left (shown in the picture are new comics, and the book case facing the photograher becomes an alcove of newer TPBs. They have a decent selection of TPBs but then again so does B&N. The perk is they don't put in those theft stickers that my local B&N does which ruins the page.

Past the book case is another "room" which is just divided by the bookcase. That has a couple of arcade games and two tables. They do hero-clix games on Sunday according to the web site. But I went on Saturday and they had mini stacks of what looked to be overstock covering both tables. I had my nieces with me so very little browsing. But I didn't see one back issue comic box around. By the looks of it, they don't do much gaming either since the tables were filled neatly with overstock.

Getting back to the picture on Google, underneath the mirror is a display now. They have some OA for sale. It was from Aw Yeah Comics.

The fun part is they do signings. Mark Waid was there last week for Archie comics. I didn't go because it was on a Monday and literally in the most difficult part of Westchester County to get to for me. I don't think I have ever been in Harrison after going yesterday. lol.

They are having Alex Ross signing. YEAH. It is in Chicago. BOO. But they will be getting in Kingdom Come Signed copies in Harrison if you are interested.

Please do. Have been itching to see that place. I like Timeless but wish he had some more space so I can stretch out. Tough to check out the boxes if people are around. The owner is a salt of the earth type guy.

@bearcatcoach Wow thanks for posting those. I wish the shop by me had back issues. All the stories by me, it is quite labor intensive to go back issues shopping. I.E. need a ladder to view Batman in this store. That store uses the pullout cardboard boxes stacked 8 high. Forget about see what is in the bottom, just opening the fourth draw is challenging enough. You understand. Finding a shop that doesn't give you a sore back at the end of the experience is quite nice.

I am curious was is stacked on top. Those look like they could be fun.

Aw Yeah Comics in Muncie IN is a great comic store.....lots of stuff....new comics, graphic novels, back issues, toys, discount comics and more. If you are in the neighborhood put it on your list of shops to stop at!

A few pics....

IMG_4218_zpsxiio36cz.jpg

IMG_4613_zpsvz6cgkmi.jpg

IMG_8358_zpsywyaxwbm.jpg

IMG_1515_zpsn37ervmk.jpg

IMG_9343_zpsbmenpr7i.jpg

I would sure love to go through those stacks of pulps sitting on top of those comic boxes...

A few pics....

I would sure love to go through those stacks of pulps sitting on top of those comic boxes...

Was dreaming about the exact same thing