• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help deciding

30 posts in this topic

If it's not about like or dislike and purely about money, then I think it's a valid question.

While OP doesn't say it explicitly, I feel that is the intent of the question. But then you need to consider short term vs long term gains.

I would think the spiderman book still seems to better choice for starter because it takes one book in 9.8 to compete value wise with the other in 9.4. If both books were at 9.8, the ASM blows it away.

And while BA12 has had a quite a recent increase in value, I think a higher grade older book that is sought after makes more sense. Someone wrote earlier there is a more likely chance of finding a BA12 tucked away somewhere than an ASM129 and I totally believe that. In fact that's how I found my BA12 I had a few years ago. just sitting in a box in an attic.

That's just what I think though. If it's not all about money then... (shrug)

Mid term (2 - 4 years) I'd say go with the BA 12. The ASM 129 is a great book but I put more stock in Harley outpacing Punisher in global appeal and possible future growth. You can't go wrong either way but I'd give BA 12 the nudge.

I agree harley doesn't have the legs of punishator

I think Harley's legs are pretty nice! :luhv:

2hcjm3b.jpg

if this is a question about investment and not about personal preference, then 'which should I get?' is a good thing to ask.

if it's personal preference: buy what you like

if it's to invest, I'd rather have a BA 12 9.8 and a 129 9.2, than a BA 12 9.6 and a 129 9.4

I think the BA 12 9.8 will have more room to climb in the short term.

I've never read the HQ stuff***, but in the current comics does she have any "powers" or is she just a crazy person? ditto for the suicide squad movie?

i understand in the mad love cartoon world poison ivy injected her with something that enhances her reflexes, etc etc etc.

of course, batman, robin, etc. don't have any "powers" per se, but have training and gadgets. HQ is a former psychologist gone nuts, not a former trapeze artist or student of r'as al ghul.

*** (with that said, i have always been on the lookout for her appearances while dollar box (and less) hunting since about 1999 when my friend told me his wife wanted to name their daughter harley quinn after this character (they ultimately went in another direction). I figured that if some fan was that into it the character might have some legs long-term. somehow, much like NM 98, I never hit one of these in a dollar box. Did get the HQ prestige 1st print, Mad Love (multiple copies), HQ 1 (and many others from the 2001 series), and the later Batman Adventures appearances though for $1 or less...(those days are over!!!!)

Another shot from the set... hope this helps decide which book to purchase. I like that shot because you can read what's on the jacket. Anyone cosplay this exact outfit yet?

2015-Latest-Movie-Suicide-Squad-Harley-Quinn-Same-Costume-Set-Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Women-Joker-Cosplay.jpg

I didn't even notice there were letters on the jacket until you mentioned it. :insane: