• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 + April 21-23 2017, It's Never Too Early or to late
4 4

207 posts in this topic

Possible but not likely.  Really depends on the size of the package but I've had Priority Boxes take a week from Europe.

Edited by 1Cool

On 4/14/2017 at 10:30 AM, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Im planning on cosplaying (and spending $100's on books too!) but I'm worried the main piece I ordered from etsy won't arrive by Friday. It shipped today out of Italy. Anyone think it's possible for it to make it to Iowa in a week? 

Maybe with Superman's help! Oh, wait, he lives in Kansas, sorry...  (:

I'm considering driving down from Michigan for this con and I'm looking for some advice.  I mainly go to cons to buy and have never gotten a signature before but I really want to get Stan Lee to sign my issue of Amazing Spider-man that has a letter I wrote in the letters section.  There are zero SS copies of the book on the census and I know time is running out if I am ever going to get this done.  

I checked their website and while they are selling advance autograph tickets for several other celebrities and comic book guests, they do not have that option for Stan.  All they say is that you can buy an autograph ticket on the day of the show.  I am wondering if anyone has any advice on this?  I won't hold you to it, but what are the odds that I will actually get an autograph ticket at the gate?  Do they sell out in seconds?  Any other tips and tricks would be very appreciated.  THANKS in advance! (thumbsu

1 hour ago, SkOw said:

I'm considering driving down from Michigan for this con and I'm looking for some advice.  I mainly go to cons to buy and have never gotten a signature before but I really want to get Stan Lee to sign my issue of Amazing Spider-man that has a letter I wrote in the letters section.  There are zero SS copies of the book on the census and I know time is running out if I am ever going to get this done.  

I checked their website and while they are selling advance autograph tickets for several other celebrities and comic book guests, they do not have that option for Stan.  All they say is that you can buy an autograph ticket on the day of the show.  I am wondering if anyone has any advice on this?  I won't hold you to it, but what are the odds that I will actually get an autograph ticket at the gate?  Do they sell out in seconds?  Any other tips and tricks would be very appreciated.  THANKS in advance! (thumbsu

Is this something you want to do in person or just want the signature?

6 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

7 hours ago, SkOw said:

Great question. You won't be able to interact at all with Stan, so unless you are keen to see Stan sign the book in person you could always do a mail away signing. 

Edited by mysterio

7 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess my preference would be to get it signed in person so I can see him actually sign the book. 

3 hours ago, SkOw said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess my preference would be to get it signed in person so I can see him actually sign the book. 

Right next to where Stan will be signing at C2E2, there'll be a facilitator set up - talk to them before getting in line and they'll make sure the book gets witnessed and is eligible for SS.

4 hours ago, mschmidt said:

Right next to where Stan will be signing at C2E2, there'll be a facilitator set up - talk to them before getting in line and they'll make sure the book gets witnessed and is eligible for SS.

Thank you so much.  I'm down for any wait period in line but do you have a best guess as to how long the wait is for Stan?  Is there a better time of day to go?

15 minutes ago, SkOw said:

Thank you so much.  I'm down for any wait period in line but do you have a best guess as to how long the wait is for Stan?  Is there a better time of day to go?

Ive waited for Stan many times. My best advice is to find out first thing in the morning what time he will be signing (usually 11, 1130 or Noon). I would get in line before then and be one of the first. If you wait until later, the line can get long and it can be an hour or even 2 for a wait. At ECCC, in late afternoon on Saturday, I waited about an hour to hour/half in line for him. THEN, I waited 30-45min for CGC forms to submit my books after the signing. 

If you go early, its also my opinion that his signature is better since his arm is fresh. I also window box my books with a tighter space to force him to focus his attention so his sig isn't messy. Anyway, my 2 cents. Good luck!

(AND if you are submitting your books and the facilitator will let you fill out your form before, snag a form and fill it out while you are in line)

Edited by kevhtx

3 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Ive waited for Stan many times. My best advice is to find out first thing in the morning what time he will be signing (usually 11, 1130 or Noon). I would get in line before then and be one of the first. If you wait until later, the line can get long and it can be an hour or even 2 for a wait. At ECCC, in late afternoon on Saturday, I waited about an hour to hour/half in line for him. THEN, I waited 30-45min for CGC forms to submit my books after the signing. 

If you go early, its also my opinion that his signature is better since his arm is fresh. I also window box my books with a tighter space to force him to focus his attention so his sig isn't messy. Anyway, my 2 cents. Good luck!

(AND if you are submitting your books and the facilitator will let you fill out your form before, snag a form and fill it out while you are in line)

GREAT information, thank you so much!!

7 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I'm not there

As in, not going to be there?? Or not there yet? Or not there, in a kind of metaphysical sense?

Well, I'll be there, and hope to see you there, G.A.tor!!

11 hours ago, manetteska said:

The final countdown.

tumblr_inline_mjlz8vz0cn1qhi137.gif?w=78

See some of you there tomorrow.

I'll be wearing this shirt if anyone wants to say hi.

s-l1600.jpg

Nice! I'll be sporting my Professor Radium "I'm mad!!" shirt. Look for the crazy green guy.